No announcement yet.

Iranian Wrestling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AGC Jan, great analysis. Please if you have time continue to provide more input for hassan and our other guys as the competition ramps up shortly. It is a huge asset to this forum to have experts in other fields besides football, especially in categories where we are so strong like wrestling.

We have missed this analysis since irannn left the board.

Also, what do you think of geraei bros chances in GR?

Comment

Thank you for the kind words inarsenewetrust jan.

I have limited knowledge of farangi bu this much I know. They have shots at bronze looking at their history. Most importantly the thing to bear in mind is that farangi style is notoriously unpredictable for several reasons. Passivity is more of a two edged sword cause its harder for judges to tell. Also it is alot easier defending. That combination makes it hard for farangi wrestlers to be consistent. One mistake can literaly cost a wrestler a whole tournament.

The good news or bad news depending on how one sees it is that you will se lots of upsets. My humble opinion is that this will indeed be to geraei bros advantage. Go back and look at which guys medal and youll see that one day Chunayev is called the best, he slips next year loses two narrow fights and ends up without medal the other year. Another year its Nemes, then its that hungarian dude. The days of Roman Vlasov are over and consitent gold medals in farangi is more special if u ask me. It just doesnt happen as in azad. We will se during fight day. If he is in form he may win it all. Remember Ghassem Rezaei and have faith.

I hope someone with more knowledge can fill in on specifics as this are just General things about farangi as a sport.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx8Y...annel=mehrdade

Can recommend this documentary so you deepen the olympic spirit. Now we should all take what coach Moslem says with a pinch of salt: especially regarding his view that national coaches dont teach anything and that he was so great beating tedeyev. But other than that he is on point.

Comment

Weightlifting failure in last few years costing us 2-3 medals.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
            Weightlifting failure in last few years costing us 2-3 medals.
            The way things are going, IOC wants to get rid of weightlifting and maybe even wrestling.
            Probably to include more skateboarding and videogames and another 1000x swimming and shooting events.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
              The way things are going, IOC wants to get rid of weightlifting and maybe even wrestling.
              Probably to include more skateboarding and videogames and another 1000x swimming and shooting events.
              This would actually be very consistent with the evolution of our species: we're turning into a skateboarding, video game playing society, who will need to evolve into better swimmers as our oceans rise and we experience more flooding due to climate change, while at the same time needing to shoot our way out of ever more frequent mass shooter situations

Comment

Some fun and exciting trivia regarding Yazdani

- if he wins gold he will be one of few to have olympic gold in two different weight categories, the other being Medved

- he will have serios shot being a legend as he has the potential for another olympic cycle

- he will become irans most decorated wrestler
                -
                he will be considered one of the best p4p wrestler beside Sadulaev

IMHO this will outweight our usual dismal performances in other olympic Sports.

Comment

Originally posted by AGC View Post
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx8Y...annel=mehrdade

Can recommend this documentary so you deepen the olympic spirit. Now we should all take what coach Moslem says with a pinch of salt: especially regarding his view that national coaches dont teach anything and that he was so great beating tedeyev. But other than that he is on point.
                  Great.
                  THANKS for posting it. Proud to be an Iranian for his coach Mr. Moslem.
                  چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Comment

https://twitter.com/wrestling/status...893677058?s=20

Brackets are out for Greco 130 and 60 kg. Good draw in 60 kg and terrible130 kg draw. If our 130 kg loses to Lopez lets hope he goes all the way so we get the repechage.

Comment

Cuban guy is already 38. Our guy should have better stamina...
                        Sign against banning Iran from WorldCup!!!
                        http://new.petitiononline.com/IRANWC06/petition.html

Comment

Originally posted by Babak500 View Post
                          Cuban guy is already 38. Our guy should have better stamina...
                          Prob is If he wins, then he will meet Kayaalp.

Comment

The oldest sport in Olympics is wrestling. It should be saved from any opposition, especially Western countries to replace it with skateboarding or another category of swimming.

August 1 in Japan,
                            1/8, Men's Greco-Roman 60kg
                            ARM: MELIKYAN Armen
                            IRI:NEJATI Ali Reza
                            Followed by
                            1/8, Men's Greco-Roman 130kg
                            KOR: KIM Minseok
                            IRI: MIRZAZADEH Amin
                            Last edited by AIrani; 07-31-2021, 11:38 AM. Reason: Spelling
                            چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Nejati lost this one on inexperience. Hard he had a throw and only got on point bc of not executing it well. As I said earlier the margins in greco are usually microscopic. On another day he would have won convincingly. Its not just about the refs.

Emelin is also out and Fumita had a close tie breaker fight.

Honestly I think the romanian may win 60 kg this time.

Also as I mentioned this talk abour favourites and predictions do not usually apply in greco.

Comment

Reasonable draw in Light heavyweight today. Fantastic news that saravi avoids aleksanyan and will eventually meet evloev in semi. If he fights to his potential im expecting a bronze minimum.

Geraei got a tougher draw as the other side of the bracket is easier. Good though that he avoids kessidis as he got manhandled in their latest fight. Here i expect a bronze. Will be a good day2 i think.

But I will repeat that nothing is carved in stone.

Comment

Working...
                                X