No announcement yet.

Iranian Wrestling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have video of the IRIB feed of the match and immediate post match? They went immediately to an awesome highlight reel of the match with a really cool patriotic song (the song included references to the Shahnameh, like Siavash). I was very impressed with the announcer, and the post match video/audio.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
      Does anyone have video of the IRIB feed of the match and immediate post match? They went immediately to an awesome highlight reel of the match with a really cool patriotic song (the song included references to the Shahnameh, like Siavash). I was very impressed with the announcer, and the post match video/audio.
      Go to Telewebion Site and there choose IRIB3....and then you can rewatch the archive from last hours.

Comment

also check out this review of day 2

https://www.flowrestling.org/article...russia-chasing

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
            The amount of times this man mentions his country and people in every interview, and pays homage to the fans... THE GREATEST indeed.
            How hard is it for them to find a proper translator!? The last question was completely mis-translated. I would happy to do it for them for free.

Comment

OSLO, (Ocotber 3) -- There would be no last-minute comeback this time. Hassan YAZDANI (IRI), so unbeatable against everyone else, could finally walk off the mat a winner over rival David TAYLOR (USA) for the first time in four career clashes.

Yazdani controlled the match from start to finish to notch a solid 6-2 victory over Taylor in the highly anticipated 86kg final as four freestyle titles were decided on the second day of the World Championships in Oslo on Sunday.

Yazdani's victory, coming two months after a heartbreaking loss to Taylor in the final at the Tokyo Olympics, gave him a third world title to go with his 2016 Rio Olympic gold, and capped a remarkable day for Iran in the Jordal Amfi arena.

"I made the people of Iran happy," Yazdani said. "I need to appreciate Taylor, because he worked as a motivation and inspiration for me to work better and better and become the champion."

The vocal contingent of Iranian fans were also sent into a frenzy when rising star Amir ZARE (IRI) claimed the 125kg title, having earlier seen Iran gain finalists in all four weight classes that got underway Sunday, including Yazdani's cousin Amir YAZDANI (IRI).

"Iran always supports their wrestlers and fans here were great," Yazdani said. "And it was because of them and God I won."

The United States had mixed success in the two other finals, with Kyle DAKE (USA) prevailing at 74kg, but Daton FIX (USA) coming up short against Abasgadzhi MAGOMEDOV (RWF) at 61kg.

In Tokyo, Yazdani had to settle for the Olympic silver when Taylor scored a takedown with 17 seconds left for a 4-3 win in the final. On Sunday, he never gave the American the chance to get close.

Yazdani continually kept the pressure on, using an underhook to force Taylor to the edge and score a pair of stepout points in the first period. In the second period, he added a takedown, before Taylor got on the scoreboard with a takedown with 1:03 left.

With the clock ticking down, Taylor tried a counter lift, but Yazdani held firm and dumped him to the mat for a takedown and the final points of an well-earned victory.

"He's a great competitor," said Taylor, whose lone world title came in 2018, where he beat Yazdani in the first round. "Not my day."

Asked what he could have done differently, Taylor quipped, "Scored my points. He's a good wrestler. We will go again."

The 20-year-old Zare lost 6-3 to Petriashivili in the semifinals in Tokyo, where the Iranian went on to take the bronze medal. Petriashivili ended up with the silver after losing in the final to Gable STEVESON (USA), who opted not to make the trip to Oslo.

"After winning the bronze medal at the Olympics, I began working on my weakness right after I stepped down from the podium," Zare said.

On Sunday, Petriashvili struck first with a double-leg takedown, but that would be end of his scoring as Zare maintained a solid wall of defense that led to two takedowns off counters as well as three stepouts.

"The final was very hard against Geno," Zare said. "I had analyzed everything for this match and prepared accordingly. And thank God everything went as planned."

https://uww.org/article/wrestleoslo-...ental-day-iran

Comment

https://hajifirouz2.cdn.asset.aparat...eGK4pv_l_OuWh4

dabir+dorostkar's discussions with Yazdani on how to deal with some of Taylor's favored tactics earlier back in Iran.

They clearly left nothing up to chance this time, improved in a few clear areas. Yazdani really frustrated DT today.

Comment

^this is great to watch, but the angle and quality of the video almost makes it seem like it was recorded clandestinely and smuggled out without their knowledge. As a coach/player, I wouldn't want this to get out.

Comment

When Iran strikes back, they do it hard. But, I've never witnessed anything like this. This is what you call the response of champions!

When I say I'm awestruck it's still not enough.

The critics in Iran are all getting real quiet. The complaining about Yazdani "hitting his ceiling", yazdani this and that. "Zare can only underhook"..."Iran will take two silve maximum" ...this kharejiparast criticism and negativity ends tonight.

We meet countries with strong wrestling traditions and shit tons more of money ... that have top notch federations ....and they still struggle against us.

As iranian fans, we have only one "vazife" and that's giving unconditional love and support to our guys. The majority of iranians response to Yazdanis sadness motivated him. Us not being so negative matters alot.

Comment

Originally posted by AGC View Post
                      When Iran strikes back, they do it hard. But, I've never witnessed anything like this. This is what you call the response of champions!
                      When I say I'm awestruck it's still not enough.
                      The critics in Iran are all getting real quiet. The complaining about Yazdani "hitting his ceiling", yazdani this and that. "Zare can only underhook"..."Iran will take two silve maximum" ...this kharejiparast criticism and negativity ends tonight.
                      We meet countries with strong wrestling traditions and shit tons more of money ... that have top notch federations ....and they still struggle against us.
                      As iranian fans, we have only one "vazife" and that's giving unconditional love and support to our guys. The majority of iranians response to Yazdanis sadness motivated him. Us not being so negative matters alot.
                      I see this constantly in other Iranian sports as well. When TM/Iran is doing well, it's all rainbows and unicorns. As soon as there is a bad match/game/tournament, then the jackals come out to spit their poison (whether it's media, prior/current players and coaches, etc).

Comment

Kingssss !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                          https://hajifirouz2.cdn.asset.aparat...eGK4pv_l_OuWh4
                          dabir+dorostkar's discussions with Yazdani on how to deal with some of Taylor's favored tactics earlier back in Iran.
                          They clearly left nothing up to chance this time, improved in a few clear areas. Yazdani really frustrated DT today.

OMFG you're SO RIGHT, it's exactly what he does at the second push out and first take down against Taylor!!!!! Dameshon garm!!!!

Also thanks for this video! The video is GOLD! This thread is getting more valuable for every day

Comment

What a come back by Sarlak, being down 4-1, 25 sec to go and won it 7-4. Things can change fast in light weight. Even 3-4 points lead with less than a min to go doesn't secure you a win in light weight.

https://video.varzesh3.com/video/239...AA%D9%87%D8%A7

Comment

Amir Yazdani vs Osmanov, another last second win

https://video.varzesh3.com/video/239...A7%D9%86%DB%8C

Comment

Ghasempoor and Cox tight battle
                                https://video.varzesh3.com/video/239...BE%D9%88%D8%B1

Comment

Working...
                                X