No announcement yet.

Iranian Wrestling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very good day so far for Iran. Only 1 loss in like 16 matches! Firouzpour brothers in particular are very impressive, brining old techniques like fitile-pich back to the mat.

4 semi finals, 3 bronze medal matches and 1 final coming up in a few hours. Don't miss it.

Comment

What a machine!!!!

Comment

Spotless run so far for this lad

Comment

1 gold and 3 bronze. All 4 guys won their medal matches today. Like Greco competition we are leading the team table after day 1 but Russia will likely pass us tomorrow.

Comment

Comment

HASHEMIJOUYBARI gets bronze

GHOLAMI gets silver

FIROUZPOURBANDPEI gets bronze

Comment

We finished 2nd behind Russia in FR as well.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Komeil Ghasemi gets officialy rewarded with the 2012 London Olympics Gold Medal after the original Gold and Silver Medalists were disqualified after testing positive for banned substances.
                  "In January 2019, Georgia's Davit Modzmanashvili, who originally won the silver medal, was disqualified after testing positive for banned substances. On 23 July 2019, it was announced that as a result of retesting samples, original gold medalist Artur Taymazov was also disqualified.
                  Consequently, the original bronze medalists, Komeil Ghasemi of Iran and Bilyal Makhov of Russia, were declared joint Olympic champions, while Tervel Dlagnev of the United States and Daulet Shabanbay of Kazakhstan, who Ghasemi and Makhov had defeated in the repechage, were awarded the bronze medals. "

Comment

Comment

If i am not wrong and you can correct me but this should be the order of our most decorated wrestlers(FS, GR) :
                      1. Sourian
                      2. Movahed
                      3. Habibi
                      4. Hasan Yazdani
                      5. Takhti
                      Yazdani and Takhti with each 2 (G and S) and 3 olympics(G and 2 S)medals.

Comment

^ If you are counting based on gold medal, Ebrahim Javadi goes above takhti. He has 4 world golds and 1 Olympic bronze. Takhti has 3 golds.

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
                          ^ If you are counting based on gold medal, Ebrahim Javadi goes above takhti. He has 4 world golds and 1 Olympic bronze. Takhti has 3 golds.
                          Yeah forgot about Javadi.
                          I was thinking Sourian 6 G is, quite an achievement but we Iranians value mid and specially heavy weights medals more for some reason lol

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                            Yeah forgot about Javadi.
                            I was thinking Sourian 6 G is, quite an achievement but we Iranians value mid and specially heavy weights medals more for some reason lol

That's true lol. He never received the credit he deserved. Our Greco was pretty much a nobody even in Asia before him. His 7 golds could have very easily been 10 if it wasn't for 2008 ref mistake and him just deciding to not to go to 2011 and 2013 worlds in his prime!

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
                              That's true lol. He never received the credit he deserved. Our Greco was pretty much a nobody even in Asia before him. His 7 golds could have very easily been 10 if it wasn't for 2008 ref mistake and him just deciding to not to go to 2011 and 2013 worlds in his prime!
                              Well said, specially he was one of the first ones who contributed to our GR revolution.
                              And considering it is much much harder for us to win medals in light weights, because not only russian, cubans, americans, but Japanese, even koreans, etc are good in light weights. His 6 and as you said close to 7 G is very special

Comment

True, the 2 lightest weights are the hardest to win gold in.
                                I said 7 counting both his 1 Olympic and 6 world golds.

Comment

Working...
                                X