No announcement yet.

Iranian Wrestling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nokhodi techs italian nobody Canova 11-0 during first round.

Comment

Sarlak techs Ecuadorian 11-0

Comment

Ukranian Vlasov must be the dirtiest wrestler I've seen. Toothless but violent dude.

7-0 Ghassempour. This Vlasov guy shouldve been DQ'd! Afarin Ghassempour and his nerves of steel.

Comment

If Amirmohammad Yazdani wants to medal in this tournament, he HAS TO LOWER HIS STANCE against shorter opposition. Spectacular guy tho! He will tech his Puerto rican opponent. But he cant afford making stilly mistakes.

Comment

Amir Mohammad Yazdani techs puerto rican 13-2 ... Good job! But it worries me that he twice let in this nobody wrestler into the fight by not lowering his stance. To AM Yaz defence lowering the guard can be extremely energy consuming. It may be a energy conserving strategy tho.

Comment

Nokhodi beats tough armenian 8-4 .. Quite convincingly.

Comment

Sarlak pulls through 7 6 by sheer determination redeeming himself. Ghassempour executes Good strategy against big georgian 10 1

Comment

4 out of 4 in the semi-finals! Some incredible matches from Sarlak, yazdani and Nokhodi, better than I expected. Ghaempour of course was expected to do well.
                  But we have to be honest, the level of competition is fairly lower than Olympics and other world championships as it is right after the Olympics. Other than Iran and USA no other country has sent their full A team.

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
                    4 out of 4 in the semi-finals! Some incredible matches from Sarlak, yazdani and Nokhodi, better than I expected. Ghaempour of course was expected to do well.
                    But we have to be honest, the level of competition is fairly lower than Olympics and other world championships as it is right after the Olympics. Other than Iran and USA no other country has sent their full A team.
                    Nokhodi would've beaten any russian thrown at him. 125 kg the russians sent their best guy. 86 kg they sent their best guy. 92 kg they dont stand any chance and sent their best guy. 97 kg they sent sadulaev. 74 kg we are not even contenders so that doesnt count. 57 kg your point is valid. Also in 61 and 65. Still the thing to remember is this. Russia at 65, 70, 74 is incredibly stacked. Anyone they send is a clear gold medal favourite. It is not as if the supposed B-level guys at these weights are what we truly consider B-level. They are world champions having a bad day. Tsabolov has for example a good record against Sidakov etc.

Comment

True but I wasn't only talking about Russia. Japan, India, Azerbaijan and Cuba for example haven't send their best either. But yes the competition in some weights like 86, 97 and 125 is still Olympics level.

Comment

How long until the next matches (semis)?

Comment

Not talking about you Navid jan when I say this:

Still some iranian fans are just putting fuel to fire by being self critical and ultra negative. When we are good at a weight, the weight is weak. Just to put down our wrestlers this discourse is going on. it's never the other way around, russians sucking. And when we are bad a weight class, it's always us being bad, not the other wrestlers being great.

None can do right by some iranian wrestlings fans.

Comment

Originally posted by masoud nekounam View Post
                            How long until the next matches (semis)?
                            Starting at 16:45 CET

Comment

I'm expecting our senior herald Adesor khan announce the medals tonight. Regardless of colour!

Adesor Khan, we need you to announce tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by AGC View Post
                                Not talking about you Navid jan when I say this:

Still some iranian fans are just putting fuel to fire by being self critical and ultra negative. When we are good at a weight, the weight is weak. Just to put down our wrestlers this discourse is going on. it's never the other way around, russians sucking. And when we are bad a weight class, it's always us being bad, not the other wrestlers being great.

None can do right by some iranian wrestlings fans.
                                I agree and I don't like the ultra negative bunch myself. My only intention was for the team not to make false assumptions regarding their level so not to get hit badly in higher level competitions like the Olympics or future world championships. I am sure as a true wrestling fan, you recall the years when we used to win 4 or 5 wrestling world cups in a row, and yet we could only get one gold medal in world championships every couple of years.

Anyway only 10 minutes to go to the semis and afterwards the finals. 6 fantastic battles coming up for the boys.

Comment

Working...
                                X