Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
    Ghasempoor and Cox tight battle
    [url]https://video.varzesh3.com/video......
    Thanks for this one! Been searching for a couple of hours now!

I love J'den Cox, both as a wrestler and his character. When I say this I say it with outmost respect:

We have been overestimated him for a while now. Not to take away anything from Cox, nor Ghassempour.

But the fact is: He has no business clinging on to 92 kg weight class. It's blatantly obvious that this guy has been cutting weight like a mad man all of his career just to position himself att good brackets, regardless of weight-class.

He cut too much at 86 kg and would never in his life get a gold medal there.

Then he goes up to non olympic 92 kg and gets more power and becomes a stone wall.

I mean, compare the size of him to Ghassempour!! The guy is a freaking wall! Ghassempour looks like a midget in comparison.

No wonder Karimi couldnt do anything against him.

I'm glad Ghassempour won, and maybe it will give him the right incentive to move up to 97 kg where he can compete at his "natural" weight class. But then again: He may not even medal there.

Comment

Originally posted by AGC View Post
      Thanks for this one! Been searching for a couple of hours now!

I love J'den Cox, both as a wrestler and his character. When I say this I say it with outmost respect:

We have been overestimated him for a while now. Not to take away anything from Cox, nor Ghassempour.

But the fact is: He has no business clinging on to 92 kg weight class. It's blatantly obvious that this guy has been cutting weight like a mad man all of his career just to position himself att good brackets, regardless of weight-class.

He cut too much at 86 kg and would never in his life get a gold medal there.

Then he goes up to non olympic 92 kg and gets more power and becomes a stone wall.

I mean, compare the size of him to Ghassempour!! The guy is a freaking wall! Ghassempour looks like a midget in comparison.

No wonder Karimi couldnt do anything against him.

I'm glad Ghassempour won, and maybe it will give him the right incentive to move up to 97 kg where he can compete at his "natural" weight class. But then again: He may not even medal there.
      Ghasempoor was 86 before but as there is Hasan there and there is no 92 in Olympics he compete in 92 in world champ but let see what happen next.
      I agree, he is not tall and built like Cox though.
      Not taking anything away from our exceptional historical day but we also had luck in our side, and you need it if you want hit the jackpot.
      3 last second wins, even the one vs Cox, he lost it due to the warning as he even earned the last two point

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Ghasempoor was 86 before but as there is Hasan there and there is no 92 in Olympics he compete in 92 in world champ but let see what happen next.
        I agree, he is not tall and built like Cox though.
        Not taking anything away from our exceptional historical day but we also had luck in our side, and you need it if you want hit the jackpot.
        3 last second wins, even the one vs Cox, he lost it due to the warning as he even earned the last two point

Yes, I mean Cox should move to 97. Thing is, we saw nothing from Cox this evening. Zero. That passivity warning on Ghassempour was way too harsh imho. And 3-3 is misleading as Cox did flee the mat. Should count as 4-3 Ghassempour.

That takedown was very crafty though. Locking his leg and putting pressure and Weight on Kamran! Creative! Very folkstylish!

But in all seriousness... he just defends and is passive. Takes a TD and then defends ..using size to his advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by AGC View Post
          Yes, I mean Cox should move to 97. Thing is, we saw nothing from Cox this evening. Zero. That passivity warning on Ghassempour was way too harsh imho. And 3-3 is misleading as Cox did flee the mat. Should count as 4-3 Ghassempour.

That takedown was very crafty though. Locking his leg and putting pressure and Weight on Kamran! Creative! Very folkstylish!

But in all seriousness... he just defends and is passive. Takes a TD and then defends ..using size to his advantage.
          He was competition in 97 for olympics selection but was late few sec for weighting and got eliminated and Synder was sent to Olympics, won Silver and selected again for Oslo2021.

Comment

He was competition in 97 for olympics selection but was late few sec for weighting and got eliminated and Synder was sent to Olympics, won Silver and selected again for Oslo2021.

True. And it is way due time. No way he can cut to 86 kg in the future. But Im quite sure he will only do this for olympic years as their federation will be happy about it.

Comment

We got relatively easy draws for our first fights so far, but Goleij will have a bit of challenge vs Georgian Odikadze, who is former Europe and world medalist
              Also generally speaking we struggle vs Japanese in light weights, Elahi will fight vs Motoyama, who is very young wrestler.

Comment

I am so happy for Yaz
                WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

lol@ abbaszadeh

https://video.varzesh3.com/video/239...A7%D9%86%DB%8C

Comment

Good read about Ghassempoor
                    https://www.varzesh3.com/news/178351...B9%DA%A9%D8%B3

Comment

Do we have any chance of winning the team title?

Comment

I think Ghasempour has the best chance to get gold tomorrow, followed by Yazdani. Sarlak and Nokhodi have real tough matches against Gilman and Burroughs, respectively.

Comment

Originally posted by Mani View Post
                          All depend to tomorrow's fights.
                          Our main rival is USA. 2 more golds, 2 silvers and a medal for Elahi or Goleij should do it for us.

Comment

will be crazy experience for nokhodi.

19 years old, in a gold medal match vs a legend like jordan burroughs. Whatever happens he will be so much better from the experience in the future.

Gilman was unlucky to not make gold medal match in tokyo, he deserved it. Atri ro jaroo kard lol. Super hard matchup for sarlak, but the fact he is even getting silver is a huge achievement.

Little Yazdani is hard to tell. He makes many mistakes, coaches always seem to be on his ass since junior level, but he has strong spirit, great gas tank.

Ghassempour I agree, our best chance for another gold.

Elahi has strong chance too but some tricky potential matchups.

Goleij is big underdog vs Georgian who is first opponent.

Comment

Burroughs never lost to Iranians. He was shaky in Tokyo, so hope young Nokhodi surprises him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mani View Post
                                I think we already have freestyle team title wrapped up.

At worst we will have 2 golds and 3 silvers

Comment

Working...
                                X