Iranian Wrestling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
    That's the difference in mentality. That's why so many people were eagerly waiting to see Ghasempour in his first world championships. He didn't think Cox has an oily body and Iranians can never beat him.
    Too bad he was wasted for 3 years for being in 86kg. He hasn't lost to anyone other than Yazdani since 2013!! He really deserved this.
    Think taremi. He is too making up for lost time and as a fan it’s gonna be fun as hell to watch.

Comment

Will it suffice if Elahi wins one fight tomorrow, Goleij sealing bronze and Snyder losing for the team title?

Comment

That last second loss by Goleij might become the difference for the team title at the end. Why didn’t he just walk away with 4 seconds left!?

Comment

Watched Cox bronze medal match. He destroyed his opponent by Zarbe.
          Shows what a great job Kamran did.
          Cox is an amazing wrestler.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

The way to win team competition is as follows:

Sadulaev beats snyder

Elahi wins bronze

Goleij wins bronze

The first would be shocking if it did not happen. Goleij I think should do it. Elahi has to pull through

Comment

UWW must be one of the most shittiest federations out there. I mean how hard can it be to publish how they decide who gets what pointwise outside 5th place.

Its amazing that NONE seem to know. How hard can it be to put a freaking automated calculator on the website?

No wonder they lost weight classes at the olympics

looool

Comment

This is the latest team standings according to Wiki:
                1 Iran 141
                2 United States 140
                3 Russian Wrestling Federation 133

Comment

Originally posted by Mani View Post
                  That last second loss by Goleij might become the difrence for the team title at the end. Why didn’t he just walk away with 4 seconds left!?
                  This! It was very costly. I also really wanted to finally see an Iranian against Russian tank in a world competition.

Comment

So Russia after tomorrow: Given only Sadulaev wins 168 (10 p 5th place russian against iran + sadulaev 25 p = 35 p)
                    USA given only Sadulaev wins 164 (2-3 p + 20 p = 23 p)
                    Iran given two bronzes 171 (15 p + 15p)

All this assuming the iranian trolls have laid off wiki and the calculations are correct.

Russia (15 + 25 = 40) = 173 p
                    Given iran wins one bronze and elahi wins one fight ... (25 p) = 166 p
                    USA (3 p + 20) 163 p

So, basically as inarsene rightly put it, we need two bronzes tomorrow!?

God damnit!

Comment

If i am correct Burroughs is the only American to have never lost a wrestling match against an Iranian!?

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                        If i am correct Burroughs is the only American to have never lost a wrestling match against an Iranian!?
                        Yes.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

This is the official reference for standing,
                          https://uww.org/event/world-champion...c-08002745f808

Comment

We need two bronze otherwise we will not win it.
                            Elahi will have a tough task, he will most likely wrestle against Armenian then, the winner will face the Russian Zherbaev.
                            Goleij will most likely face the Mongolian wrestler.

Comment

Elahi shouldn't have lost today. I know it's all about matchups, but still the russian lost to the same guy by worse margins.
                              Elahi, if he gets his act together and follow instructions should have no problem winning this.

Goleij should also not have any problems winning.

Sometimes wrestlers break down mentally going into the repechage, but this is almost the case with the clear favourites not bouncing back.
                              Given that Elahi is not a clear favourite and both him and Goleij need redemption going back to Iran, they should and most likely will be ready tomorrow!
                              Given that the team title is on stake it will also give further motivation.

When it comes to two losses earlier, AM Yazdanis and Sarlaks these were expected. Gilman is a really good wrestler that capitalizes on his size a la Cox style. Precisely as Cox he has no business being at 57 kg other than that it is an olympic weight. Also Sarlak fought hard and with minor adjustments couldve won it.

When it comes to AM Yazdani, as I told yesterday, his stance needs to be worked upon going forwards. First I was like this is not good, but maybe he is saving energy. But no, I'm not surprised the russian made the process short. This was also expected. He got rightfully punished on the mat for not adressing some issues. This seems to be the sentiment of experts in Iran also.

The only dissappointment going into the last day is Nokhodi being to cautious against Burroughs not firing a single shot even when being down. It tells alot about Jordan Burroughs but more about Nokhodi.

Summing up this day the dissappointments are the following:

- Elahis sootis
                              - Goleijs lapse (too harsh calling it a sooti imho)
                              - Nokhodis tars o larz

IMHO we have the best chances of winning the title 2morrow followed by russia and then the US.

Comment

so this song they put on after yazdani gold, what song is this?
                                mojde baran...nafasha biaban..bo bahar..... miahanam iran.. be dele khaste donya... mesle siavash tanha... ... ey vatanam iran

Comment

Working...
                                X