No announcement yet.

Iranian Wrestling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will be mental boost for farangi guys too. Could even argue we have better chance to win team gold there than FS.

Comment

I don't think Farangi does better than FS.
      FS is Iran force, it always has been.
      It is true our Farangi improved alot, but older members should remember back to not that far, even 20-30 years a go we couldn't even hope for a bronze and finishing even 5th individually could have been considered an achievement.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Zare, nice guy...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUp-Sojj...dium=copy_link

Comment

I was right. This is our first heavy weight gold in world champ since Soleimani in 1990
          https://www.instagram.com/p/CUn_q8GN...dium=copy_link

Comment

Sadulaev is the most decorated active wrestler with 2 olymoics gold, 4 world champ gold and a silver and he is only 25.
            Not sure Goleij could have beaten him.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
              Sadulaev is the most decorated active wrestler with 2 olymoics gold, 4 world champ gold and a silver and he is only 25.

He wouldn’t have, sadulaev will probably go down as best wrestler of all time P4P. At least going by his current medal trajectory.

I think goleij was just superior to snyder and hence deserved a spot in the final. But there is nobody really on sadulaev level

Comment

I really hope young guys:

Elahi, AmirMohammad Yazdani, Nokhodi, Amouzad learn a lot from this. These guys were all strong in juniors and for their age, considering it was first major senior event they performed well collectively, much better than expected.

Interested to see what adjustments they make to their game in the next year.

Comment

Why is it so damn hard to find match replays anywhere online? At least Varzesh 3 website comes in handy for our boys big games

Comment

Wow, I've been sleeping on the lady wrestling action. Impressive!

Can you imagine Mazandaran ladies being allowed to wrestle one day, with all their historical and traditional emphasis on wrestling in that region? They would be a force to reckon with!

Comment

This is our last gold in 130 kg before Zare's
                      1990 swiss World champ
                      Alireza, soleimani(RIP) vs Bruce Baumgaetner.
                      This win was huge and historic, yadesh be kheir. Hame Iran o khoshhal kard. I was 13 and full of joy because of this victory, lol
                      Beating Baumgartner was such a big thing as he had about 12/13 world champ and Olympics medals. I think 6-7 golds.
                      He is one of the greatest heavy weight.
                      He even got gold in 92 olympics
                      Rouhe Soleimani shad.
                      https://youtu.be/BhNWVkpT6Zg

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                        Why is it so damn hard to find match replays anywhere online? At least Varzesh 3 website comes in handy for our boys big games

on youtube now with eng commentary

Comment

He is answering really good. Talking about the razor thin margins. I like his honesty about the first world championships meeting where casuals look at the scoreboard. Also very classy of him to say that winning or losing important but that their competition make both better wrestlers. It's quite obvious he, and certainly Yazdani too, compete out of the love for the sport. I've always known he is polite, respectful and likes Yaz and iranians. He certainly grew in my eyes after this interview.

I wish other iranian wrestlers could handle a defeat like him. His mentality is super strong. He deserves good things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lGU2gODCeY

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                            I really hope young guys:

Elahi, AmirMohammad Yazdani, Nokhodi, Amouzad learn a lot from this. These guys were all strong in juniors and for their age, considering it was first major senior event they performed well collectively, much better than expected.

Interested to see what adjustments they make to their game in the next year.
                            The focus should be on our light weights, we usually struggle, we get medals here and there but our options, medals in heavy weights are way more than light or even mid weight.
                            That is the different between us and Russian, or even at some points us, they are good in almost most weights.

Comment

I highly doubt that, Goleij style is to defensive in my opinion, the only Iranian that would have a chance against Sadulaev is Reza Yazdani who is not competing anymore.
                              Mohammadian looked so promising and defeated Snyder 10-0 back in 2020, i am shocked that he is now totally out of the picture.

Comment

This is our last gold in 130 kg before Zare's
                                1990 swiss World champ
                                Alireza, soleimani(RIP) vs Bruce Baumgaetner.
                                This win was huge and historic, yadesh be kheir. Hame Iran o khoshhal kard. I was 13 and full of joy because of this victory, lol
                                Beating Baumgartner was such a big thing as he had about 12/13 world champ and Olympics medals. I think 6-7 golds.
                                He is one of the greatest heavy weight.
                                He even got gold in 92 olympics
                                Rouhe Soleimani shad.
                                https://youtu.be/BhNWVkpT6Zg
                                Pahlevan Soleimani (RIP) was wearing Bruce Baumgartners’ spare shoes in that fight were he beat him.
                                He broke his shoes prior to the fight and the US teams had spare shoes, and since both were the same size he borrowed it from him. When Soleimani passed away, Baumgartner expressed his condolences.

I had a thread abt Great Soleimani, who practiced Varzesh Bastani was a Pahlevan of Iran.
                                http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...ight=soleimani
                                CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X