No announcement yet.

Iranian Wrestling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farangi success remind me of Volleyball.
    I Remeber days that Hasan Babak used to finish 5th in world champ and people used to get really excited.
    Alan aghaei mikonim to farangi mesle azad.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Bana made a world class program out of nothing.

These guys collectively wrestle a totally unique style compared to rest of world (with exception of cubans who have their own specific identity in GR).

From fitness perspective kam nemiyaran.

From mental perspective they commit way fewer dumb errors than our Freestyle team and typically do not panic under pressure easily.

And they are quite entertaining. From technique perspective Delkhani, Saravi, Geraei brothers were most fun and exciting to watch in these worlds.

Comment

Guys I remember watching 2019 U23 wrestling world championships very closely. There, the matches of Yousefi and Zare at heavyweight impressed me so much that I had a strong feeling both will become a force in the seniors very soon. Here we are 2 years later. Both of them repeated their U23 gold in world champs and made history.
        I got pretty upset when Mirzazadeh was chosen over Yousefi for the GR Olympic team and got pretty happy when he took Mirzazadeh's place in the last day for the world champs due to his covid.

Comment

Great achievement by Yousefi, but the two legendary wrestlers in 130(Lopez and Kayaalp) were absent in this tournament.
          Cuba wasn't there and not sure Lopez still want continue. But i guess Kayaalp is injured.
          Same as Saravi, the legend Evloev wasn't there

Comment

Let’s not forget the added effect of our fans on the boys’ success and achievements in this tourney. It was essentially a home crowd in Oslo, Norway!

Comment

Yousofi speaks about the Iranian fans' importance in Oslo, and how he made his mom the happiest woman on the planet.

Comment

Saravi is a gentleman. The Iranian media, however, are unprofessional and amateurish in their peanut gallery comments during his interview. Simply embarrassing.

Comment

Saravi will probably never beat Russian Evloev in future but Yousefi has the potential to be the king in heavy weight once Looez retire. As Kayaalp aging as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                    Saravi will probably never beat Russian Evloev in future but Yousefi has the potential to be the king in heavy weight once Looez retire. As Kayaalp aging as well.
                    It took Yazdani 4 attempts before beating Taylor...just sayin. Anything is possible in sports.

Comment

I am not so sure about that. He has the winning mentality like Kamran and even his loss to Arthur in Tokyo was by accident. I think it will be 50/50.

Comment

Saravi is only 23. Evloev is 28. By next Olympics Evloev will be 31 and Saravi 26. Greco is a physical sport. My concern is the next two worlds.
                        Other than that, Evloev will decline and Saravi only get better.

They met in Individual World Cup in semis where Evloev won by 3-5... This was 1-2 years ago. Evloev has reached his peak these years. From Olympic year onwards he will have an uphill battle.

Comment

Olympics is too far. Lots can happen between now and 3 years.

Comment

Olympics is too far. Lots can happen between now and 3 years.
                            True, though same applies to Evloev.

Comment

Can our boys still get the team title?

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                                True, though same applies to Evloev.
                                He is dominating the weight in last 3-4 yrs. So beating him will be quite achievement.. He is 28 and has few good yrs left on him.

Comment

Working...
                                X