So far, 5 silver, 2 bronze. Guaranteed
      Can be 3 gold, 2 silvers and 3 bronze.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
        So far, 5 silver, 2 bronze. Guaranteed
        Can be 3 gold, 2 silvers and 3 bronze.

This kind of performance should usually earn us the title in level of points
        But US had probably their best performance since age... . Specially with quite an old squad.

Comment

Ghasempour with a fantastic performance for the gold.

Fans had a sign in Persian “juybar, the wrestling capital of the world”!

Comment

Ghasempour is also special wrestler and great zir gir.
            He was wasted for few yrs behind Hasan. Should have jumped to 92 earlier. Anyway he is still young. 26 in few months.

Comment

Called his gold medal last night! What a legend!
              This guy can beat Taylor too. Too bad his style doesn't match Yazdani's!

Comment

GOOOOOO JOOOYBAR
                GOOOO MAZANDARAN

Comment

Ghasempour was amazing. Best Iranian wrestler atm.

Also huge performance by amouzad to make final, crushed haji aliev.

Atri also showed huge improvement on previous years, but has tough task for gold tomorrow vs gilman.

Emami with a very credible bronze too. With some improvements he can definitely beat Dake moving forward.

Also worth noting how young our team is:

Yazdani is 27, Taylor is 31

Ghasempour 25, J'den Cox 27

Emami 25, Dake 31

Nokhodi 21, Jordan burroughs 34

AmirMohammad Yazdani 21, Retherford 27, Narikuni 24.

A lot of these matchups will swing in our favor soon, and the US don't have immediate replacements of the same quality. Russia is different story...

Plus Zarre 21, Amouzad 20 (his birthday was just 2 months ago!) will be standouts in their weights for the next decade. and even behind these guys we have a lot of other talented youngsters who just won world junior team gold.

Comment

Amouzad is very unique as a wrestler.

His physique is very long and lanky. His arm/leg length and height for his weight category are definitely off the normal curve (unlike the usual wrestler body type we see from Mazanderan, for example).

With his lightning speed reactions, this unusual body type works really well for him. It offers him greater reach, and it makes it harder for opponents to keep him compact for lifting, turning, etc. It's also not a body type most wrestlers are used to matching up against.

Really looking forward to seeing how his career develops. He's taken this tournament by storm as his first non-youth tournament at 20 years old!

Comment

Comment

Amouzad fight was one of the best ive seen. His defence against firemans carry one of a kind. His feints and underhook pressure unique. I love ghassempour but if i had to choose 65 was harder.

Olympic Wright, stacked weight.

Comment

As many others in here I really felt he was a special wrestler as soon as I saw him fight. What surprises me is that he reached highest lever this fast

I guess wd have to give wrestling federation huge Credit for investing in him in right time.

Comment

Guys dont get mislead by USA winning. This Iran team fluked. Upper wieght classes we are stacked but zare underperformed, yazdani made serious mistakes and looked fatigued he should have gone for underhooks but let Taylor take out distance. He was also a bit unlucky, Zare came from injury and was not 100 percent, mohammadian doesnt seem to reach full potential but we have goleij. We are still kings in upper weight classes.

Yesterday we saw a breakthrough in lower weightclasses. Whilst atri isnt the best he is a fighter with gheyrat few wrestlers have, amouzad is amazing and amir yaz was unlucky. Emami was a beast and Dake got Lucky, age is not in chamizo nor dakes favor.

Only class we are not competetive is 57.

Gentlemen this is a championship team in the making.

Comment

In a few years nokhodi will take over when Jb retires too

Comment

https://footballi.net/video/750910/%...%A7%D9%86-2022

Amouzad Alioff fight!

Comment

Working...
                                X