No announcement yet.

Iranian Wrestling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meshvildishvili getting owned. But I've never liked Petriashvili. Hand fighting is part of the game but this guy is dirty and then complains when his opponent does the same to him.

Hard to judge how good he was as the Azeri was outclassed.
    “I swear it upon Zeus an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.” - Socrates

Comment

I love the fact all 130kg+guys have kept their belly
      slim. Back in the days big belly was their trade mark

Comment

11pst is yazdani boat

Comment

The georgian Petriashvili is a dirty fighter. I can't stand him. Zare has dominated him several teams in the world championships so he should be able to do it again if her performs to his standard. I am worried though because Zare had a really hard battle with the turk Akgul and hopefully he recovers in ttime for the final. Petriashvili had a really easyy fight with the azerbaijani wrestler that is actually also a georgian.

On another note... azerbaijan is so pathetic half their team is made up of russian, georgian and even an iranian wrestler. Fake ass country with no gheyrat.

Comment

Originally posted by Soosk View Post
            The georgian Petriashvili is a dirty fighter. I can't stand him. Zare has dominated him several teams in the world championships so he should be able to do it again if her performs to his standard. I am worried though because Zare had a really hard battle with the turk Akgul and hopefully he recovers in ttime for the final. Petriashvili had a really easyy fight with the azerbaijani wrestler that is actually also a georgian.

On another note... azerbaijan is so pathetic half their team is made up of russian, georgian and even an iranian wrestler. Fake ass country with no gheyrat.
            He has a full 24 hours to recover and prepare for the final so that should help

Comment

What time is Yazdani match?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What are the predictions, do we have a good chance of winning gold in 86 and 125 kg?

Comment

Okay here comes an analysis on Geno from AGC kadre fanni:

Geno has a horrible gas tank due to being born with lung issues.

Mobile, lighter and a bit shorter Heavyweights are a nightmare for wrestlers like Geno. Why? They sprawl good, have naturally better gas tanks and have better balance.

- Geno is prone to step outs. Zare just stay in a good stance, pushes forward. This forces geno to keep his stance lower than he is comfortable doing. Zare can easily push from underhook. Geno counters with having legs long way from upper body that is forwarding... if Geno in that position moves, he exposes his long legs. If you just push..stay..push .. then he will move closer to the bounds .. then you just push a little and he gives up 1p with the alternative being takedown 2p. You dont even have to drive pushouts as with other wrestlers. No need being a Yazdani!
                  - Geno stall his shots when his gas tank is being reduced. He takes a hold of the leg and waits out unsuccessful shots. This works against classical heavyweights as they are not MOBILE.
                  - When geno stalls this way, if u are a bit smaller and move like the light heavy weights u can easily counter the shots with round bys.
                  - When you can counter with roundbys then the gas/stalling issue continues and gets ten time worse

Iran and USA have revolutionized Heavyweight and introduced mobile LHW looking guys. This is the key to success in this day and age. Wrestlers like the turkish oil wrestler uses his giant frame to keep it tight and hope for lottery or go all out on mistakes. But to this day there is no actualy game plan against wrestlers like Zare or Gable Stevenson.

I hope this post is appreciated and a good introduction for people not that invested in wrestling.

Comment

Originally posted by Siamak_ View Post
                    What are the predictions, do we have a good chance of winning gold in 86 and 125 kg?
                    On paper we are heavy favs

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                      What time is Yazdani match?

It starts in half an hour if i am correct. Stay tuned!

Comment

Originally posted by Siamak_ View Post
                        You know whats best? These two weights are COMPLETELY unaffected by russia not competing. Russia or no russia these are their worst weights. They can send whomever they want in them when its business as usal. Knock on woods. There is absolutely zero thinning.

Comment

Yazdani coming in soon

Comment

Originally posted by AGC View Post

It starts in half an hour if i am correct. Stay tuned!
                            Thanks

Comment

Where are we in terms of team standings? I am thinking neck and neck with the Yanks

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post

Thanks

Wait im actually unsure right now, I think it will be delayed but there is no point in risking things. 1 bronze lightweight right now going on. Then another one and the final. Then there are two 86 kg bronzes before Yazdani final. But Im getting unsure.

Comment

Working...
                                X