No announcement yet.

Iranian Wrestling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screw worlds and World Cups and Asian championships… it’s the Olympic medals that matter

Comment

I cannot believe we have the possibility to end up with no gold medals in freestyle in an olympic where russia is essentially banned. Sure there are some random russians wrestling for other nations but these random russians wouldn't make russia's olympic team anyway. It is sad if we cant even 1 gold in freestyle.

Everything rests with amouzad. I don't think I can take the heartache if god forbitt amouzad loses tomorrow.

I am so disappointed in how 125kg ended. and geno is a true piece of shit absolutely no class i hope for the rest of his career he does not win another medal.

Comment

And the referee was from azerbaijan and they hate Iran. Azeris in azerbaijan are so oghdeyee. I knew when i saw the ref was a stupid azerbaijani there would be some fuckery happening.

Comment

Arian Salimi… dooset darim

Comment

Zareh handled that medal ceremony with absolute class.

Comment

if you didnt watch the medal ceremony of zare...at the end neither Zare or Akgul(who btw retired right after his bronze medal match) clapped for Geno...but he did for them...and they shook hands and hugged each other at the end. As often said before in here...koshti bord o bakht dare...this time a still very young 23 old zare lost...but the future belongs to him and im sure we will see him at the top next olympics. Parcham hamiche bala

Comment

Geno was so low class and so childish with his mocking of Zare's "self-crowning" move. He will be forgotten for his lazy wrestling and time wasting.

Contrast that with Lopez's class and gheyrat.

Comment

Well Arian Salimi saved the day. What a performance. Kept his composure, only 20 years old.

He lost back to back the first round in the semis and in the final and managed to get the upper hand at the end.

Envoyé de mon A065 en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BusiG View Post
                    if you didnt watch the medal ceremony of zare...at the end neither Zare or Akgul(who btw retired right after his bronze medal match) clapped for Geno...but he did for them...and they shook hands and hugged each other at the end. As often said before in here...koshti bord o bakht dare...this time a still very young 23 old zare lost...but the future belongs to him and im sure we will see him at the top next olympics. Parcham hamiche bala
                    Zareh took the medal off of his neck. Everyone knows he deserved gold. I am not sure which referee was the dirtiest: the ref from the 2012 London games on Saeid Abd e Vali’s match or this Azerbaijani kesafat…

Comment

Originally posted by shahin2000 View Post

Zareh took the medal off of his neck. Everyone knows he deserved gold. I am not sure which referee was the dirtiest: the ref from the 2012 London games on Saeid Abd e Vali’s match or this Azerbaijani kesafat…
                      Abdevli ref was worse but at least it was not a final. This one hurts more cause it is gold medal

Comment

Originally posted by AGC View Post

Pesar ahmaghe thats why. Im so fkn angry. Why does hd take everything personal
                        Him coming UP from VARZESH E BASTANI
                        WHICH TEACHES SELF SACRIFICE TO SHOW
                        WHAT A GENTLEMAN A PERSON CAN BE COST HIM THE GOLD..

STILL YOUNG
                        NEXT OLYMPIC IS GOLD....HE NEEDS TO PUT ON7KG OF MASS TO DOMINATE NEXT 4 YEARS.

Comment

Originally posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post

Worlds mean nothing. It means nothing sadly. Zare ficking blew it he was a heavy favorite
                          Worlds means everything. That olympics is everything and worlds something to meh on is a self serving truth. We have made olympics into something else. People can be a bit nastier yes. But the level of the competition is almost exactly the same. Only difference is the mental aspect. We iranians are caring too much about olympics. This is why bad stuff happens to us. Our executive function in the brain goes down big time. Its 95% the pressure aspects that makes our players crumble. Its the pressure of this shitty thing going on once every fourth year.

For every time people are repeating this self serving truth the more it get into our athletes heads. The competition is exactly the same and people kill themselves in worlds too.

Bro: every wrestler on earth value worlds as much as olympics: at least in the olympic weight classes. This is of course because of olympics but also because people dont want to sit out every fourth year. A little bit more talent. We have to make a difference between olympics and non olympic weight classes nowadays.

People arent as emotionally invested and casual watchers might not care. But thats about it.

Comment

There is no dichotomy between olympic and worlds in the world of wrestling. We have olympic cycles. This is super important. Wrestlers care about olympic cycles. They sum up every four years.

Both Olympic and Worlds are so called world titles. Olympics is the icing of the cake in this regard. A little bit more prestigous but not so much.

If a guy wins an olympic but no worlds, no one will care about him. Prime examples?

Let me take some yanks that yanks themselves dont give a shit about + 1 dagestani

- Henry Cejudo - a can that hit lucky
                            - Jake Varner - a can that hit lucky
                            - Ramazan Shahin - Fake turk dagestani. Had one good worlds and one olympic spell to become champion

Nobody care about them. People feel half ashamed to call them champs. I myself have Ghasem Rezaei in high regard. But he is in the same category. One lucky tournament. But to be honest he is not the one Im thinking of when thinking of a champ

Comment

Originally posted by Soosk View Post
                              I cannot believe we have the possibility to end up with no gold medals in freestyle in an olympic where russia is essentially banned. Sure there are some random russians wrestling for other nations but these random russians wouldn't make russia's olympic team anyway. It is sad if we cant even 1 gold in freestyle.

Everything rests with amouzad. I don't think I can take the heartache if god forbitt amouzad loses tomorrow.

I am so disappointed in how 125kg ended. and geno is a true piece of shit absolutely no class i hope for the rest of his career he does not win another medal.
                              This is not completely true. Its not true for 125 nor 86 kg. There are more russians than ever in these two. And the russians that competed are the russians that couldve won.

97 kg Sadulaev would not have made any difference. Azarpira beats Sadulaev 7 out of 10 times and he is not hundred percent fit. Having Tazhudinov there makes it as hard as before.

Amouzads weight class is so stacked it doesnt even matter Shakiev was the guy to beat before russia fell off. Shakiev in turn loses to other russians. And there are 4-5 guys on shakievs level in 65 kg.

We are a good team. Even with Zare shitting on our chances. If Azarpira takes the bronze and Amouza wins the team title is ours. Lol. If Amouzad wins: then we still win as we have better scores on the guys that didnt medal.

Comment

Can someone post a breakdown of the team tallies as of now? Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                                X