Iranian Wrestling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PEJ View Post
    The Iranian game has changed over the years. We used to be very famous for the undertook and the single leg. In America they call that single leg the Iranian. We have been utilizing that less and less over the years.

Also what many don’t realize is that we don’t really have a national system till theses kids are proven to be good enough to come to National competition. Majority of our wrestlers are learning wrestling in Mazandaran under old school coaches who have no influence within the national structure. These kids learn our style of wrestling for years and are very good at it.

Additionally, Yazdani’s dad in in interview criticized the federation for trying to change Hassan’s style and have him wrestle a style he is not comfortable with. He to letting the Mazandarni’s wrestle their own style.
    You are completely right.

as you mention they cant change a wrestler in primes style. Yazdani was also in upper weight classes where shots are not that big of an issue.

This is also why i say khaste nabashi to amouzad.

Comment

"Vaghean az emame zaman gereftam." LOOOOOL.

He is talking about HOPES and PRAYERS when you are in a bad fight and the game is closed and locked. When you run out of ideas and skills to beat your opponent. Of course he should pray to God and emame zaman. What else to do at that current moment?

Im not saying hopes and prayers are not good and having faith. BUT WHY FOR THE FUCKS SAKE ARE WE ALWAYS PUTTING US IN THIS SITUATION. Why do we act like kids that have to cry for Gods help after not done our part? God like hard workers and diligent people!

I hope im taking his religious talks out of contexts. I actually like the work Dabir has done. Bozorgi karde. And much of this I hope is religious decorum. I have 100 percent respect for our religion and Im not atheist myself. But he has to come clean about how and what he will adress. And he is not to have a carte blanche from accountability.

We are seeing signs of improvement but we demand to know!

Comment

Originally posted by AGC View Post

You are completely right.

as you mention they cant change a wrestler in primes style. Yazdani was also in upper weight classes where shots are not that big of an issue.

This is also why i say khaste nabashi to amouzad.
        the stuff you mention re style wont happen over night. And there is not a clear consensus as to what will work best. there has to be some element of trial and error.

We are clearly improving a lot since last olympics. If Zare didnt get robbed and Hassan shoulder didn't pop we would be having another discussion entirely.

Japanese was just a bad match for rahman who I feel needs to have additional layers to his game if he wants to be the best in his weight class. Yesterday, he killed everybody with his own trademark lung busting all out attack style. Today the japanese guy matched his for speed and gas tank. There amouzad ran out of ideas...

IMO real key for us moving forward isnt even turning the silvers to gold, there is a high degree of luck involved there and just not being your day...We really need to address sabokvazn situation where we arent doing shit besides rahman. 57kg and 74 kg are in dire need of revamping. Emami had many chances and didn't show improvement, I do not really see valizadeh being the answer for 57 either. If we can get guys from those weight classes to the podium to join amouzad, azarpira, yazdani/ghasempour, zare who are locks moving forward we will really maximize our chances for team domination.

Comment

"Vaghean az emame zaman gereftam." LOOOOOL.

He is talking about HOPES and PRAYERS when you are in a bad fight and the game is closed and locked. When you run out of ideas and skills to beat your opponent. Of course he should pray to God and emame zaman. What else to do at that current moment?

Im not saying hopes and prayers are not good and having faith. BUT WHY FOR THE FUCKS SAKE ARE WE ALWAYS PUTTING US IN THIS SITUATION. Why do we act like kids that have to cry for Gods help after not done our part? God like hard workers and diligent people!

I hope im taking his religious talks out of contexts. I actually like the work Dabir has done. Bozorgi karde. And much of this I hope is religious decorum. I have 100 percent respect for our religion and Im not atheist myself. But he has to come clean about how and what he will adress. And he is not to have a carte blanche from accountability.

We are seeing signs of improvement but we demand to know!
          Christians believe in Shia's imam Zaman too, but Christians say he is the anti christ.

Comment

I truly believe coaches told rahman to calm down and change his style against Japanese guy.

anyway good success overall
            2 golds
            4 silver
            2 bronze was amazing
            and if yazdani was healthy easily 3 gold.

Overall good olympic 12 medals out of 40 participantes is good.....

in 2028 olympic games will be held on iran home
            Ground so expect to break the record of 7 golds and 13 medals overall.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

the stuff you mention re style wont happen over night. And there is not a clear consensus as to what will work best. there has to be some element of trial and error.

We are clearly improving a lot since last olympics. If Zare didnt get robbed and Hassan shoulder didn't pop we would be having another discussion entirely.

Japanese was just a bad match for rahman who I feel needs to have additional layers to his game if he wants to be the best in his weight class. Yesterday, he killed everybody with his own trademark lung busting all out attack style. Today the japanese guy matched his for speed and gas tank. There amouzad ran out of ideas...

IMO real key for us moving forward isnt even turning the silvers to gold, there is a high degree of luck involved there and just not being your day...We really need to address sabokvazn situation where we arent doing shit besides rahman. 57kg and 74 kg are in dire need of revamping. Emami had many chances and didn't show improvement, I do not really see valizadeh being the answer for 57 either. If we can get guys from those weight classes to the podium to join amouzad, azarpira, yazdani/ghasempour, zare who are locks moving forward we will really maximize our chances for team domination.
              Exaaactly. This is the key issue. Technical improvements as requirement for championship contention is a bit different at sabokvazn. More leg shots etc. Mazandarani style works the least good in sabokvazn because of speed.

I am actually quite moderate. Keep mazandarani Base but broaden repertoire so we can have plan b if mazandarani style doesnt work.

for 57 kg we need shooting most.

And I agree to 100 percent. This wasnt actually that bad of result. The conversation I start is abt domination rusky style

I agree abt time too. I take this will take 10 years. This is why i dont blame amouzad a bit. The guy is a warrior. The issue is organization development

And again you are completely right. In upper weights mazandarani style has worked good. But even here broaden repertoire will help us but its not that big of issue.

Comment

I don't know much about the lower weights from Iran, but it seems to me that Amouzad almost created his own technique?

He is so fast and so energetic, and his hands and feet are all over the place. I think he simply overwhelms his opponents with all that energy, hand/foot movement, and shooting.

Unfortunately, the Japanese dude was exactly the same as him and got the best of him with slightly faster speed.

How was Rahman's "style" cultivated before his success? Is this taught, or did he simply come in with this and is an outlier? How do we teach/cultivate this at lower weights?

Comment

Amouzad is definitely a underhook guy first. That is his bread and butter. The other aspect comes from his power and quickness. At his height he has those super long arms and an uncanny ability to get low.

The one thing that many of us often neglect is that the pool of youth wrestlers in Iran is very small compared to Russia and US. My grandfather is from Mazandaran. When I was a kid I used to spend the summers near Sari. The kids were very into wrestling as opposed to football, then I would go back to Tehran and talk about wrestling. They would look at me like I’m some sort of a weirdo. Bottom line I am so proud that we have so many world champs from such a small pool of people. We kind of just have to manage with what we have.

Comment

Yes yes yes he has done many good things. But technical improvements is not one of them. He has specialized us in mazandarani style to the hilt. Im not saying it has not paid divdends. We are way better than before.

But if we want to dominate rusky style then he needs to adress technical issues. Im not sayin iranians arena technical, they are but they need to broaden repertoire.

Thing is I dont know what the federation is actually doing. We are seeing guys like azarpira and especially ghassempour that can actually take a shot. But since rahimi none can shoot for legs at 57kg
                    Thank you. Sounds like Dabir should stick to the management side, and hire someone as a technical director for the other issues you were talking about.
                    Not sure if we have that framework in Iranian wrestling.

Comment

Tmwfs has not won a gold medal since 2016 rio.
                      in 2028 Russia might re appear u.s will be no joke at home and then WE HAVE JAPAN🤣🤣to worry aboutmore than u.s and Russia now.
                      IMO NEED A REPLACEMENT FOR MOHSEN KAVEH. there is no shortage of coaches in wrestling.......dabir needs to reach out to torkan ,and Asgari mohamadian, Nasser zilan Nia even to come teach the lightweights in camps.....

Comment

Originally posted by PEJ View Post
                        Amouzad is definitely a underhook guy first. That is his bread and butter. The other aspect comes from his power and quickness. At his height he has those super long arms and an uncanny ability to get low.

The one thing that many of us often neglect is that the pool of youth wrestlers in Iran is very small compared to Russia and US. My grandfather is from Mazandaran. When I was a kid I used to spend the summers near Sari. The kids were very into wrestling as opposed to football, then I would go back to Tehran and talk about wrestling. They would look at me like I’m some sort of a weirdo. Bottom line I am so proud that we have so many world champs from such a small pool of people. We kind of just have to manage with what we have.
                        Im quite glad Dabir wants to broaden the Base. Do we have any figures of how many wrestlers we do have?

Comment

Would anyone be surprised if I told you guys that our last champ in 57kg is not mazandarani? Neither is Dabir.

No lucho background

As I say million Times so nobody get upset. I absolutely love the lucho mazandarani Base pf wrestling. Its the greatest Base to have.

Comment

Not having any golds in FS last two Olympics is extremely disappointing but not exactly concerning. Granted we got unlucky with yazdani, Zare choked, and amouzad got surprisingly outclassed. All 3 were heavy favorites on betting line

Comment

Best quote of the year is by far by yazdani dad

he said his son critics can they put their zipper up with one hand.

Comment

A few days after olympics is over. Ive gone from slight dissappointment of no Freestyle golds to unbelievable pride in what our guys have achieved. I am so fcking proud. We are greco kings, we are freestyle kings too (except we didnt get any golds)

Future looks bright.

In october we will have worlds if Albanians let us in their country this time.

Comment

Working...
                                X