Iranian Wrestling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PEJ View Post
    After the Olympics there was a discussion here about changing our MAZANDARANI style. The last 2 days we are 3-1 against Japanese wrestlers. In the matches we won, we were able to neutralize the Japanese wrestler with closing distance and utilizing the underhook game. The one match we lost we didn’t do a very good job and literally gave up points to blast doubles on several occasions. The point is that when style is so engrained in our wrestling DNA, we shouldn’t really abandon it. We should do some tweaks to see why it’s getting neutralized. The single leg is also another move that is synonymous with our wrestling. It was great seeing our youngsters hitting that move over and over again with huge success.
    Nobody has said anything about abandoning mazendarani style PEJ jan. Its the best wrestling base out there. But if pur guys cant execute sibgle legs and have backup then we are screwed.

These youth know how to shoot. Its not as easy closing distance. We have to be able to make the opponent uncomfortable distancing themselves on the mat too. Being able to shoot automatically make opponent wanting to close the distance.

Nah the discussion was about some wrestlers being to one dimensional

Comment

Fantastic U20 World Championship for our boys.

We got the GR title and just barely missed out the FS title (by 15 points to US).

Our future is so bright, I have to wear sunglasses!

Comment

Geraei missed out on World Championships as he lost due to his opponent performing the "flying squirrel" move.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
          Geraei missed out on World Championships as he lost due to his opponent performing the "flying squirrel" move.
          Who did he lose against

Comment

Originally posted by AGC View Post

Who did he lose against
            Sohrabi.

https://www.varzesh3.com/news/206813...ŒÙ‡-گرایی

Comment

Ali AHMADI VAFA (IRI) | U20 World Championships 2024 | Gold Medal | GR 55Kg

Comment

Abolfazl FATHITAZANGI (IRI) | U20 Worlds 2024 | Silver Medal | GR 130Kg

Comment

Kamran beat firouzpour 7-1
                  Firouzpour refused to shake hands and refuse ref raise Kamran hand as winner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Apparently it was challenged by Fars wrestling committee and Geraei won 8-7!

Comment

Kamran vs Firouzpour

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C_sPP...MyMjNycDJ0N3Vm

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                        Kamran vs Firouzpour

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C_sPP...MyMjNycDJ0N3Vm

Ghassempour is the model wrestler in Iran ATM. He is Simply fantastic

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post

Apparently it was challenged by Fars wrestling committee and Geraei won 8-7!

Very odd. Even with this decision, I don't like how vulnerable he was in the final moments and how much he has struggled since Tokyo!

Comment

U20 74kg FS World Champ Gold Medalist Rezaeiaghouz Final match vs. Lockett (starts at 33:23)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zf146ObmPI

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

Very odd. Even with this decision, I don't like how vulnerable he was in the final moments and how much he has struggled since Tokyo!
                              He is great person off the mat though
                              He right away congratulate Sohrabi and said he is a great wrestler! Also called Esmaili the king of this weight after his olympics medal!
                              Sometime we don't see that much these days in wrestling!

Comment

Originally posted by AGC View Post

Ghassempour is the model wrestler in Iran ATM. He is Simply fantastic
                                If anyone in 97 kg had the same kind of body lock defence as Ghasempour has, they wouldve killed off Tazhudinov on the mat in 1 minute. The guys "scorpion" technique is phenomenal (aghrabe). His movement was flawless and made a good wrestler as Firouzpour look like a kid!

Comment

Working...
                                X