Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a limit on physical/mental deficiencies in pro sports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a limit on physical/mental deficiencies in pro sports?

I was watching a women's soccer game and noticed a player (Carson Pickett) who only had one arm. While it might not be a big deal in soccer (other than for thrown ins) but I was curious if there are any set rules regarding accepting or denying a player on a handicapped team. There are competitions such as the Special Olympics, Paralympic Games or Deaflympics which participation requires certain disabilities. Would Carson Pickett or someone with a similar handicap be able to compete in them in spite of showing that she can compete at the non-disabled level?

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

I don't think they can stop a disabled athlete from competing in regular competitions. Zahra Nemati for example competed in both Olympics and Paralympics.

Comment

Right now there are alot of transgenders competing in women games and there is all kind of protests over this.

In pro sports bests get to play so if the organization thinks they have best chance to win then there is no limit if he or she missing an eye or a hand since pro sports is all about winnings and really there is no morality involved.
      But its cheating if a transgender is to play since its not fair competition and has nothing to do with disabilities.

Comment

Working...
      X