2020 Tokyo Olympics - Schedule and live report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Wow, really did wake up to some good news! Congrats Iran in beating Poland. What a win!

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
        I saw we also have 3 guys brought in from kharej now, hope they can offer some good stuff.
        They are not brought in a sense that they naturalized foreigners. If they are a child of an Iranian, they are considered Iranian and can play for Iran. I don’t know if it has changed but if the dad is an Iranian citizen, even if the child is born outside of Iran, the Iranian constitution considers the child Iranian. These guys are not naturalized citizens.

Comment

Czech Republic is an excellent team. They beat a stacked Canada team in Canada to qualify. Seriously underrated. If we keep our results close that is good enough for me.

Comment

Hamvatane hamishe dar sahne lol

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
              This is actually an older screen shot, the number went up to 165K now lol

Comment

Let’s not forget that these men and women are doing amazing with the bare minimum. Look at these jerseys (or any other Iran jersey in this tournament). They are going up against world class competitors who have relatively unlimited Nike/Addidas/etc. sponsorship, team cash, resources, coaching, medical staff, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                  Let’s not forget that these men and women are doing amazing with the bare minimum. Look at these jerseys (or any other Iran jersey in this tournament). They are going up against world class competitors who have relatively unlimited Nike/Addidas/etc. sponsorship, team cash, resources, coaching, medical staff, etc.
                  - The women have to be forced into gender apartheid-forced hijabs and compete. That's more heat, discomfort etc.
                  - The men are sponsored by local shitty brands and deal with substandard infrastructure.

The fact that our Football, Volleyball and Basketball teams (three of the most popular team sports in the world) is a true testament to resilience of the Iranian people. I couldn't imagine where we would be with a proper system and government.

Makes me so much happier to cheer for our men and ladies. God bless them.

Comment

Meisam Salehi was fantastic for us. He is only 22 and really was the one whose physical presence matched Leon and Poland's number 6.

He is from Urmia. Mashallah Meisam! He can be real special for us.

Comment

Mahbod Jan, this guy has a problem with Iran and Iranians. He has made anti-Iran comments many times. I think he was even suspended for it once.

https://www.insidethegames.biz/artic...ranian-remarks
                      Last edited by Nokhodi; 07-24-2021, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                        Mahbod Jan, this guy has a problem with Iran and Iranians. He has made anti-Iran comments many times. I think he was even suspended for it once.

https://www.insidethegames.biz/artic...ranian-remarks
                        Yeah i know

Comment

^there is bad blood between Poland and Iran volleyball, mostly extending from Poland’s disrespectful behavior and treatment toward our players. This win was monumental!

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                            ^there is bad blood between Poland and Iran volleyball, mostly extending from Poland’s disrespectful behavior and treatment toward our players. This win was monumental!
                            Shame on the Polish players. Iranians showed great honour during WWII towards Polish refugees: https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/conte...g-world-war-ii

Comment

They beat us quiet few times in last few years but we won the most important of all

If we were a bit lucky we could have beaten them 3-1. But the 5th set battle up to the end made it more exciting.

Comment

They beat us quiet few times in last few years but we won the most important of all

If we were a bit lucky we could have beaten them 3-1. But the 5th set battle up to the end made it more exciting.
                                Those losses were definitely felt from a mental perspective this game. After going up one (many times) and we were serving, we were hitting such soft mis-serves. This will be a huge boost whenever we play them next.

Comment

Working...
                                X