No announcement yet.

2020 Tokyo Olympics - Schedule and live report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whether bad brackets or unfair refereeing is part of what we Iranians expect is one thing but it doesn't change the fact that on the first day of wrestling we are going zero for two and not walking away with any medals. All of our medal hopes are basically in wrestling with possible a few more in weightlifting and karate. Assuming the brutal draw results in Mirzazadeh being eliminated too we already lost two potential medals in wrestling on the very first day of wrestling. Add all of this together and these games have so far been a disaster.

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
    honestly taekwando was only real disappointment. Rest is just part of the game (i.e bound to get some bad brackets in wrestling, somebody - or multiple people, out of all the wrestlers we send is bound to make mental error)

Comment

Originally posted by Soosk View Post
      Whether bad brackets or unfair refereeing is part of what we Iranians expect is one thing but it doesn't change the fact that on the first day of wrestling we are going zero for two and not walking away with any medals. All of our medal hopes are basically in wrestling with possible a few more in weightlifting and karate. Assuming the brutal draw results in Mirzazadeh being eliminated too we already lost two potential medals in wrestling on the very first day of wrestling. Add all of this together and these games have so far been a disaster.
      you are being dramatic imo. I dont really think 2 weeks ago anybody was thinking for 22 yr old kid to be a primary medal hope. He has the right to make mistakes in first olympics and learn from it.

Mirzazadeh unless I miss something was nothing more than bronze hopeful in 130kg after cuban and turk.

Comment

when is mirzazadehs next fight?
        Sign against banning Iran from WorldCup!!!
        http://new.petitiononline.com/IRANWC06/petition.html

Comment

Originally posted by Babak500 View Post
          when is mirzazadehs next fight?
          I believe he’s next after the match that’s about to start between Turk and German

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
            ^
            can someone pls send me a good link to watch online?
            por favor!
            CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Imagine if we hadn't won that totally unexpected medal in shooting. We would be sitting with zero medals after 10 days of Olympic competitions and start off wrestling 0 for 2 and this is greco which is definitely stronger than our freestyle team.

If you dont think up to this point Iran's olympic results haven't been a disaster than you are just a super optimist.

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
              you are being dramatic imo. I dont really think 2 weeks ago anybody was thinking for 22 yr old kid to be a primary medal hope. He has the right to make mistakes in first olympics and learn from it.

Mirzazadeh unless I miss something was nothing more than bronze hopeful in 130kg after cuban and turk.

Comment

Originally posted by Soosk View Post
                Imagine if we hadn't won that totally unexpected medal in shooting. We would be sitting with zero medals after 10 days of Olympic competitions and start off wrestling 0 for 2 and this is greco which is definitely stronger than our freestyle team.
                If you dont think up to this point Iran's olympic results haven't been a disaster than you are just a super optimist.
                Ok. It has just been as dissapointing as expected. Not more. When your 2 best weightlifters and virtual gold medal guarantees dont even make the competition that already lowers expectations.

I agree taekwando was a big failure. But i personally dont really think that 2 wrestlers, neither of whom were slated for anything more than bronze in best case scenario should be made scapegoats bc of failures elsewhere/generally not having a very strong olympic roster across the board

Comment

What’s the delay in the 130kg matches?

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
                    por favor!
                    Try this one sir. At least one of the servers should work.

https://farsiland.com/tv3-irib-live/

Comment

Turkish guy looks unmoveable

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
                        Try this one sir. At least one of the servers should work.

https://farsiland.com/tv3-irib-live/

merci beaucoup!
                        CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Ya abolfazl...

Comment

Azerbaijani ref are you kidding me

Comment

Mirzazadeh up. The Cubano dude looks tough

Comment

Mirzazadeh losing

Comment

Working...
                                X