2020 Tokyo Olympics - Schedule and live report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Canada.....
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
      That’s the problem right there. I know there are many hardships that our athletes face but at the end of the day they have to be so hungry for that medal that anything else should be unacceptable to them. Just making it to the Olympics shouldn’t be the accomplishment, getting a medal and standing on that podium should be.
      ummm. NO....... It is an accomplishment to make the Olympic team. It is an accomplishment to make your school team. It is an accomplishment to become provincial champ, it is.... You get the picture.

Yes, it would be nice if they win a medal, but these athletes have trained so hard, sacrificed so much, just to be there. It is a dream that the vast majority of people do not achieve. Good for them and best of luck to them in the future.
      Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
        Only Yazdani, Zare and maybe Atri should be kept for the future in FS. We need to send a different team for the world championship in Norway in Oct to evaluate others.
        I agree but would also consider Mohammadi, he had great results in the past two years and absolutely destroyed Snyder few months ago. I am really upset by his performance, expected much more, maybe he was not in prime condition going into the olympics.

Comment

That’s the problem right there. I know there are many hardships that our athletes face but at the end of the day they have to be so hungry for that medal that anything else should be unacceptable to them. Just making it to the Olympics shouldn’t be the accomplishment, getting a medal and standing on that podium should be.
          In the words of DT, "Its not enough for me to be an Olympian, I want to be an Olympic Champion".

Comment

I've seen the pics, and video of Yazdani's post match interview over and over since yesterday. I'm heartbroken and crying deep inside every time, I know how much it means to these guys, I just hope they all know how much we love, appreciate and value them, they're idols, and no matter what, they will always be ghahremans in our hearts

Comment

My god, talk about a last second comeback to take the Gold from Georgia!

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                “I wished to repeat my Olympics gold once again to share happiness with you and I am ashamed that I failed to accomplish that. I feel motivated and encouraged by you for all these years. It will be a reason to stay motivated in the upcoming competitions and fight for medal to make you happy once again. In the end, I would like to thank everyone who sent me encouraging message,”
                -Yazdani

https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/463...Hassan-Yazdani
                He will always be a hero for us, no matter what

Comment

Originally posted by AGC View Post
                  Iran needs to adress structural issues in wrestling. It is elite in wrong departements and folk based in wrong

- they need serious funding and subsidy at grass roots level

- more opportunities at transition from junior to senior level

- the pro league needs youth programs and expansion

- they need better staffing around the core mission of actual wrestling

- they need more emphasis on tactical issues and youth level exposed to high level competition

- they need wrestling programs at colleges and uni making life puzzle less demanding

- they need incentive structures and accountability structures at all levels.
                  Some random comments:
                  We have good coaches and they are hired by the likes of Azerbaijan. Banan can get a job in MANY countries.

Iran needs to address refugee problems why athletes leave. In Tokyo, five Iranian athletes competed under Olympic banner.

ImamAli Habibi who has won several Olympic medals in wrestling mentioned if wrestlers learn three techniques that FILA named one of them for his name, our wrestlers would be competitive. Hire him, he is 90 years old but still can teach some valuable lessons.

Fans should get involved beyond posting comments both inside and outside of Iran.

Transparency is important. Dabir and Sourian should be able to address our failures in 2020 Olympics since they observed our failures.

High Schools are not supported so they are not going to have any competition. Remembering my High School, it did not have money to purchase simple Volleyball or Football.

Sports are not valued by many because families want their children to be a doctor or mohandes.
                  چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                    My god, talk about a last second comeback to take the Gold from Georgia!
                    The Americans have nerves like steel and best mental power.
                    Sign against banning Iran from WorldCup!!!
                    http://new.petitiononline.com/IRANWC06/petition.html

Comment

Originally posted by AIrani View Post
                      1) Fans should get involved beyond posting comments both inside and outside of Iran.

2) Sports are not valued by many because families want their children to be a doctor or mohandes.
                      1) How? If I could, I would talk to each and one of our athletes, telling them how much they mean to our people and how proud they make us, they def. need maximum love from the entire nation.

2) agree, it should be, people can do it on the side, helps focus and maintain a healthy lifestyle for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Babak500 View Post
                        The Americans have nerves like steel and best mental power.
                        Imagine being a Georgian fan that moment...

Comment

Originally posted by AIrani View Post
                          Some random comments:
                          We have good coaches and they are hired by the likes of Azerbaijan. Banan can get a job in MANY countries.

Iran needs to address refugee problems why athletes leave. In Tokyo, five Iranian athletes competed under Olympic banner.

ImamAli Habibi who has won several Olympic medals in wrestling mentioned if wrestlers learn three techniques that FILA named one of them for his name, our wrestlers would be competitive. Hire him, he is 90 years old but still can teach some valuable lessons.

Fans should get involved beyond posting comments both inside and outside of Iran.

Transparency is important. Dabir and Sourian should be able to address our failures in 2020 Olympics since they observed our failures.

High Schools are not supported so they are not going to have any competition. Remembering my High School, it did not have money to purchase simple Volleyball or Football.

Sports are not valued by many because families want their children to be a doctor or mohandes.
                          Agreed but the other countries can argue as we do. But they want to learn our skills. Our issue is khodparasti.

Regarding money, yes schools are underfunded. But its not like there are no rich ppl.

Maybe the problem is iranian wanting everything 4 free.

Comment

german tv said they could not believe that "the iraqi (!!) geraei" won over the german guy. weird people.

Comment

lol mongolians have all gone to the page of molaei. I would not be proud if we naturalize someone and he/she wins us medals.

Comment

Our FS arrogance is like our football. 40 years we haven't won jack a$$ ama harto portemon mikoshe.
                                For about 40 years i hear we are the king of FS, yet we struggle in big tournaments because there is no proper training, planing, and long term vision
                                40 sale migim estedad bache haye maro kasi nadare, ama hata, hendi ha mian ghad alam mikonan.
                                Because long vision and working hard pays off eventually. Our volleyball and GR did at some point
                                Our FS still lives in past. Too much arrogance.
                                Dame Yazdani garm, age oun nabod nemidonam deleshon mikhast be chi khosh bashe?

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X