Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debate: What do you think should be required for someone to play for a country?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Debate: What do you think should be required for someone to play for a country?

One of PFDC’s favorite debates…..go crazy ppl

Citizenship? Where you’re born? Where you’re raised? Where you have a personal connection to?

So I know the common sentiment is under certain circumstances….if you’re raised in a country, if you hold citizenship, etc. feel free to contribute your ideas here.
    Last edited by Ghermez Agha; 10-04-2021, 11:43 AM.
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

No!!!

Comment

Looking at the names they are clearly all French.
      France U17:

Back row, left to right: Melvin ZINGA, Timothee PEMBELE, Chrislain MATSIMA, Nianzou KOUASSI, Naouirou AHAMADA, Lucien AGOUME. Front row, left to right: Nathanael MBUKU, Brandon SOPPY, Adil AOUCHICHE, Arnaud KALIMUENDO-MUINGA, Isaac LIHADJI.
      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Depends on the situation. If someone has lived in a country long enough to naturally obtain citizenship, then they should be allowed to play for the national team with whom they obtain citizenship. However, if the move is manufactured in anyway, then this should definitely be banned. For example, let's say the Iranian government pays 3 good players from Brazil to move to Iran, finds Iranian teams for them to sign on, and helps assist them while in Iran, for the sole purpose of having them join their national team, they should face FIFA punishment. This nation of birth and bloodline argument is silly. For example, in the 60's and 70's Mehrab Shahrokhi was common fixture in Team Melli, but was Afro-Iranian. By this logic, he should have only been able to play for the region of his genetic origin, which most likely is somewhere in Africa, despite his family having lived in Iran for generations.

Comment

I think if you have lived in a country for several years or your parents immigrated there you should be able to play for them.

What I don't agree with is people switching citizenships only because theyve played in a country for a few years and want some international action(diego costa, etc)
          AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

I think that each federation has a rule according to their country's policies and this should be the standard rule to avoid people switching their nationalities to play for another country.

I'll take Belgium as an exemple, non EU players can't sign or join any academies/teams unless they're 18. The only way to bypass this rule is to have a family member in Belgium who'll be the legal tutor of the player and if I'm not mistaken, I may be wrong but the player has to be 16 at least.

In this case, except kids who have migrated to the country when they were much younger, none can switch their nationality.

Envoyé de mon SM-G998B en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ramendawg View Post
              Depends on the situation. If someone has lived in a country long enough to naturally obtain citizenship, then they should be allowed to play for the national team with whom they obtain citizenship. However, if the move is manufactured in anyway, then this should definitely be banned. For example, let's say the Iranian government pays 3 good players from Brazil to move to Iran, finds Iranian teams for them to sign on, and helps assist them while in Iran, for the sole purpose of having them join their national team, they should face FIFA punishment. This nation of birth and bloodline argument is silly. For example, in the 60's and 70's Mehrab Shahrokhi was common fixture in Team Melli, but was Afro-Iranian. By this logic, he should have only been able to play for the region of his genetic origin, which most likely is somewhere in Africa, despite his family having lived in Iran for generations.
              There's your answer.
              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Yes, and by that logic. Most of the French players in your post should be able to play because they were born in france despite being of african descent.

Comment

Yes, and by that logic. Most of the French players in your post should be able to play because they were born in france despite being of african descent.
                  And what's the problem with that? We in the 21st century.

This is our world nowaday, different cultures growing up together.

By that logic then the USA, Australia shouldn't be represented by any of the guys representing them...

Comment

Shahrokhi has Iranian blood. The players wearing French jerseys don't have French blood.

Comment

He didn't tho, Iranian's aren't black. But black slaves entered iran hundreds of years ago and when freed, assimilated to iranian culture. Why should our standards be any different towards france?

Comment

Originally posted by dcpp View Post
                        And what's the problem with that? We in the 21st century.
                        This is our world nowaday, different cultures growing up together.
                        By that logic then the USA, Australia shouldn't be represented by any of the guys representing them...
                        Sorry If it seems I had a problem with that, I agree with you. People should be able to play for whatever nation they feel represents them, not just their bloodline.

Comment

Sorry If it seems I had a problem with that, I agree with you. People should be able to play for whatever nation they feel represents them, not just their bloodline.
                          No worries, sorry for the misunderstanding

Comment

He didn't tho, Iranian's aren't black. But black slaves entered iran hundreds of years ago and when freed, assimilated to iranian culture. Why should our standards be any different towards france?
                            There's your answer.

Comment

in iran is different
                              for iranians as long as your dad is iranian
                              they except you aka zandi and ashkan
                              anything after that the culture is not ready
                              to allowed so beside iran
                              ANY OTHER COUNTRY A CITIZENSHIP PAPER
                              SHOULD BE ENOUGH

Comment

Working...
                              X