Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tennis Grand Slam 2022 - Meshkatolzahra Safi (Iranian Junion tennis women)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope she doesnt get problems, he touched her bag hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
      She lost her first game in double with her French partner : 6/1 6/2
      She was matched up against the #1 seed so it was expected. Also it’s probably actually better so she can focus on her singles matches and have a day rest between matches, if she moves on

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceAli View Post
        She was matched up against the #1 seed so it was expected. Also it’s probably actually better so she can focus on her singles matches and have a day rest between matches, if she moves on
        I agree, Nice experience

Comment

When is her next game tomorrow?

Comment

^
            Sofia Costoulas (Belgium) vs Meshkatolzahra Safi 4pm PST

Comment

Lost the first set 6-0. Lots of unforced errors. Not playing nearly at the level she played in her first match

I think she’s playing nervous due to the pressure of playing against one of the top ranked players

Comment

Lost the 2nd set (6-2) and the match. She played better overall but the quality of her opponent was too much to overcome. Her opponent hit very hard and it was difficult to handle

She had a lot of unforced errors (34 compared to her opponents 20) which is kind of to be expected for a young kid playing in a bigger stage than she’s ever experienced

It was really nice that her family (I think it was her family at least, there were like 8 of them though so not sure) were there and constantly cheering her on and supporting her throughout the match. Was wonderful to watch. After the match she was clearly upset and walked up to her family in the stands who continued to cheer for her and tell her supportive comments. It seems she has lots of supportive around her which is great

She definitely has a bright future and will get much better with more experience. I wish her success at Fresno State in her college career

Comment

Dont know how she can play with such a heat and clothes all over her body.
                  Other players are playing nude in comparison and complain about the heat

Comment

Not fan of Nadal but he had good words for her :

Comment

The opponents she lost against in single and double reached semi final and final respectively. Maybe in some days, they will advance even further!

Comment

https://www.varzesh3.com/news/180739...س-گرفتم

New interview. Basically she badly need a sponsor to participate to others big tournaments

Comment

More here : https://www.varzesh3.com/news/180748...یران-شد

Nice interview. Badshansi, she lost against the Tournament winner in double and finalist in single

Comment

She really needs sponsors. I hope she can find them. It’s the only way she’ll get better. Although I’m not sure how serious she is about being professional if she’s going to university in the fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                              She really needs sponsors. I hope she can find them. It’s the only way she’ll get better. Although I’m not sure how serious she is about being professional if she’s going to university in the fall.
                              An Iranian brand (bank or anything) should sponsor her imo.
                              She also struggle to get visa for big tournaments, it may cost her a participation to French open in may
                              She seems to have a small size, hopefully she is going to overtake this disadvantage

Comment

https://www.varzesh3.com/news/180887...A9%D8%A7%D8%AA
                                Iran tennis federation will help her to play the two next competition (in Brazil and in Thailand). Will need to see how she is going to do in the long term without a big sponsor (international ones can't because of sanctions).

Brazil tournaments: https://www.itftennis.com/en/tournam...ceptance-list/

https://www.itftennis.com/en/tournam...ceptance-list/

Comment

Working...
                                X