Iran at the 2022 Winter Olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PersianLion80 View Post
    Didn’t work for this current gen that “learned” from our skiers placing dead or almost dead last(if they finished at all) during the last decades of Winter Olympics .
    Maybe look at the country situation before being too impatient. Don't forget the last year's we are under the worst sanctions, I don't even know how we found 3 or 4 skiers to compete at world stage
    During the nuclear deal, plenty of news about iran ski, investment on infrastructure and help from abroad were on table. We all know what happened since
    Also don't forget Iran dont have the culture of Winter sport. Unfortunately and in general people and medias are too much focused on football/futsal/wrestling (and recently volleyball)

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
      Maybe look at the country situation before being too impatient. Don't forget the last year's we are under the worst sanctions, I don't even know how we found 3 or 4 skiers to compete at world stage
      During the nuclear deal, plenty of news about iran ski, investment on infrastructure and help from abroad were on table. We all know what happened since
      Also don't forget Iran dont have the culture of Winter sport. Unfortunately and in general people and medias are too much focused on football/futsal/wrestling (and recently volleyball)
      I agree with all you’ve said trust me I know-I’m just sick of the same old feel good story of skiers who if they even place in the Olympics it’s a “moral” victory. There’s nothing that’s been done that will show any thing will move forward at all for winter athletes in Iran

Comment

I agree with all you’ve said trust me I know-I’m just sick of the same old feel good story of skiers who if they even place in the Olympics it’s a “moral” victory. There’s nothing that’s been done that will show any thing will move forward at all for winter athletes in Iran
        I think it is better than nothing. The day the situation of the country improves it will help rather that starting from zero.
        Of course, if we have 0 athlete, no risk of finishing last

Comment

Originally posted by AIrani View Post
          Winter Olympics have been limited to fewer countries than regular Olympics because of weather (snow).

Moreover, because of China's crimes against many countries, one-sided agreements to benefit China, in my view, they should be banned from International events.

Not interested in China or its sports.
          will fully support your decision if you apply same level of criticism to Qatar and will refuse to watch any game including Iran's

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
              She didn't finish the race

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                She didn't finish the race
                Lol same ole story from every Winter Olympics for Iran

Comment

Apparently Shemshaki tested positive for doping

https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblad...ngsfallet-i-os
                  maa bachehaaye iroonim
                  hamishe irooni mimoonim
                  baa ham yeksedaa mikhoonim
                  baa ham yek seda Iran Iran Iran

Comment

Lol same ole story from every Winter Olympics for Iran
                    This is a classic example of self-fulfilling prophecy. If we continue to expect nothing from our athletics (including the lack of structural and sustainable investments in these athletes), then we'll get nothing. These poor athletes are thrown into the mix with very little support, training, coaching, sponsorship....and on top of that, we ridicule them for even trying. smh.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                      This is a classic example of self-fulfilling prophecy. If we continue to expect nothing from our athletics (including the lack of structural and sustainable investments in these athletes), then we'll get nothing. These poor athletes are thrown into the mix with very little support, training, coaching, sponsorship....and on top of that, we ridicule them for even trying. smh.
                      The prophecy of our winter sports is always the same. Take a look at their times and qualifications —they’re many many seconds even minutes behind the world…the winter games have no attention from this despotic regime so yes it suffers but I’m done with the “feel good stories” of our winter athletes

Comment

Ayumu Hirano with the best snowboarding run ever!

Hope to see the day Iranians can perform at that level

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi_1 View Post
                          Apparently Shemshaki tested positive for doping

https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblad...ngsfallet-i-os
                          this is embarrassing - also he was the flag carrier too, possibly the most experienced winter olympian.

Comment

Speed skating was highly questionable. A Hungarian athlete was pulled down and yet he was the one who got disqualified. There were suspicious disqualifications in some of the other races, too.
                            Korea vs. Germany Video

Comment

Working...
                            X