Clear All

New players and their potential to break into starting roles

Today we had a couple of new guys playing in the team
    Ruzbeh Cheshmi
    Mohammad Ansari
    Omid Norafkan
    Saman Ghoddos
    Ali Karimi
    Considering the age of our older defenders and midfielders some of these guys need to step it up to replace some of anchors of team for many years, such as Jalal Hosseini, Ramin Rezaeian, Masoud shojaei, ashkan Dejagah and Ehsan Haji safi.
    Do these new guys really have what it takes to fill the shoes of these guys that have carried the team for last few years?

Ansari/Cheshmi may eventually be able to replace Pejman/Jalal alongside the new leader of our backline Morteza. Ansari worked really hard to today and didn't collapse after a shaky start, so hats off to him. SK put a lot of pressure, son tried dribbling around him a few time, etc ,etc but he stood firm along with rest of defense. Cheshmi was very calm when he came on and made some important interceptions,headers. I think he can be a mainstay in TM especially because of his size and versatility.

Noorafkan is talented but cant see him ahead of saeid , ali karimi, or ehsan in the future.
    Ehsan is only 27 and he and ramin likely have another WC in them .

Ghoddos will probably replace masoud/dejagah, and maybe shekari could end up being one of our two AM's as well.

I think guys like Moharrami, Ghaedi, Gholizadeh could all be TM level guys so looking too far in the future is hard to predict.

Comment

Big hopes for Ansari, we need fresh blood in central defense and he did very well in a tough encounter.

Comment

Cheshmi was suoer impressive... This guy was making tackles left and right.. Had a clean tackle that was called a foul

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
          Cheshmi was suoer impressive... This guy was making tackles left and right.. Had a clean tackle that was called a foul
          That was a ridiculous referee called by the Aussie ref, at the edge of the box too - real dangerous chance.

These Aussie refs are real cu*ts.

Comment

Korean player doing the wrong thing and then pretending he is dead , what an sissi . we did not see any japanese doing that kind of act against australia even though the aussies were extremely physical and dangerous at times.

Comment

i rate gholizadeh and ghaeidi high forvthe future, but i do not know if they can make the world cup squad, because they have no caps and international experience. but after the world cup probably they are the next for the squad...
              World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
              sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
              If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
              -

Comment

I said it in the game thread, but since it probably got buried, I'll say it again. Peter Green was not against us. Neither was Ben Williams. Aussies don't have a racist problem against Iranians. The problem is that their referees are from the Mickey Mouse league and are shit. Ask their own fans, these guys are hated within the Australian League with their bonehead calls.

It seemed like he was biased by calling non-fouls, but it wasn't racism. It was the Korean fans gasping every time making him blow his whistle. A good referee can drown the fans gasping, oohing, and ahhing out of his decision-making. These Aussie refs are very impressionable by the reactions of others.

Ben Williams was convinced to give Pouladi a yellow card based on Iraqis pushing for it. He forgot Pouladi had a yellow, but Iraqi players sure didn't.

If you note, how fast did the replay of Ezatollahi's foul get replayed on the jumbo-tron? Usually there is some delay, but this replay was up within a second or two. Why? The Korean guy in charge of the production demanded they get it up asap so Peter Green could see what Ezatollahi had done. He didn't notice exactly what happened and watched the jumbo tron to get a good look. Only after it was replayed did he become set on the red!

That is against the rules of football for a referee to go against his ruling on the field and go to outside sources to make his decision. Only when video assistant is in place and acknowledged to both teams is the referee allowed to make his decision based on video evidence.

These Aussie refs should learn how to be proper referees. They are dumb as rocks, to be honest. Don't know football, should stick to rugby.

FYI, I will never forget that Pouladi faking an injury after he got pushed by the angry Iraqi GK gave Pouladi the "deserved red card" and Ezatollahi grazing the top of Korean player's head in revenge for an eye rake is also a "deserved red card".

When will our opponents ever get some punishment, even a yellow? Did Green not see the eye rake, or excuse it because the foot on head was worse? Why not be fair to both teams? Give Ezatollahi the red, give Korean the yellow. Give Pouladi a red for faking, give Iraqi a red for revenge action? How come Iraqi goalie got off scot free? I will never understand.

In essence, f*ck Peter Green, f*ck Ben Williams. Both need a lobotomy. Would increase their IQ's 20 points!

Comment

If they were amateur referees rom little league then we would expect their mistakes to be random, But agianst Argentina, Iraq and Korea, 3 aussies being one sided against TM a?? They are rednecks.

Comment

Originally posted by Leopard View Post
                    If they were amateur referees rom little league then we would expect their mistakes to be random, But agianst Argentina, Iraq and Korea, 3 aussies being one sided against TM a?? They are rednecks.
                    That's not how it works though.

First, the referee in Argentina was Mazic, a Serbian, not Australian. Second, two bad refereed matches from Australia doesn't mean they're racists. These guys have refereed other Iran matches without being one-sided. Other referees from other countries have been one-sided against us. These Aussie refs are just prone to manipulation from outsiders and bad at their jobs. If they were racist, they would have always refereed the games against us, not 2 isolated games.

Comment

maybe.... but two important games and both red cards. They could have given yellow and a warning. To prove they are or they are not racists, one has to look and see how many red cards they have issued and for how many similar situations. God only knows. I forgot that jerk was serbian... ok

Comment

Ansari will do great I'd say he'd have the best shot at taking on a starting role. DMs are a lock between Ezi and Hajsafi. As good as cheshmi is I can't see him overtaking either one especially with Ezi going on loan to a RPL side he will likely have a big role in.

Noorafkan would be a surprise if he made the roster.....not that he doesn't have the talent (he certainly does) but in his positions there's just too much depth. You never know though, CQ likes versatile guys so I guess I wouldn't be too surprised if he's a consistent call up going forward.

If Azmoun stagnates the way he does then maybe ghoddos could fight for a starting spot if he tears it up in Europa league but I'd expect Gucci to be the starter for now.
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Leopard View Post
                          maybe.... but two important games and both red cards. They could have given yellow and a warning. To prove they are or they are not racists, one has to look and see how many red cards they have issued and for how many similar situations. God only knows. I forgot that jerk was serbian... ok
                          1st of all the stomping on the head was a red card, even as a supporter of TM i would have given Saeed the red for retaliation. So you cant blame the ref for that. Even during the same game he could have given 2 penalties to korea that he didnt. The 1st, Ansaris foul on the line - line is considered the box - but he didnt. And Saeeds hand ball when he missed the kick inside the box. If he really was racist and had it against iran no one would have questioned it if he gave saeeds handball as a penalty.

In regards to Ben Williams, he was just incompetent. I was at the match watching it live. He had given Pouladi a yellow card and forgotten it. He gave pouladi a yellow for overacting and ran upfield and was reminded that he has a yellow already. Remeber he refereed one of the last WC qualifiers for iran after that and he was fine & fair in that game.

Comment

Anyone else vision Chesmi as more of a CB than a Defensive Mid?? His potential is much higher as a center back in my opinion. Anyways, top class performance by Rouzbeh.. Not easy to debut in the middle of a game against a Korean team and down a man!

So many tackles... In the time he was on the pitch he was probably one of my favorites

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                              Anyone else vision Chesmi as more of a CB than a Defensive Mid?? His potential is much higher as a center back in my opinion. Anyways, top class performance by Rouzbeh.. Not easy to debut in the middle of a game against a Korean team and down a man!

So many tackles... In the time he was on the pitch he was probably one of my favorites
                              Is he physically strong? I know he is tall but is he strong? Same question about Ansari

Comment

Working...
                              X