Team Melli World Cup Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Team Melli World Cup Preview

I am currently writing a World Cup preview as part of a University task, and feel it's important to ask real Iranian fans some questions about Team Melli's chances in Russia.

This can be mutually beneficial if you are the curator of a Twitter account or website centred around TM, as I will put your handle and URL in my article which will be published to the University's site (overtimeonline).

Please email me on 'kingsburyewan@gmail.com' if you're interested.

you don't need a university research paper for this.

what are TM chances to qualify:

according to delusional Iranian fans: 80% to 100%
    according to uninformed foreigners: 0%
    according to reality: somewhere between 10 to 15%

Comment

Originally posted by Hadi View Post

hanooz khasthe nashodi?

Comment

Originally posted by Hadi View Post

Agha can we have a little less pessimism/cynicism and be more supportive of our TM? It’s well documented that you don’t find or current team impressive but no need to constantly bring it up at every turn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Twitter and Instagram: @aryo__hadi

ZendebadIran!

Comment

i am supporting TM, so much so that I am going to Russia to watch them.

and believe me, during my younger days I didnt miss a single TM match in Azadi stadium.

but at the same time, i am realistic. I am just in it for the experience and proud of Iran being in the WC and do not expect Iran to qualify or even earn a single point. That's not pessimism.

when I encounter fans of other countries, I boast and exaggerate our team and players just like any other PFDC member. but among fellow Hamvatans, I am realistic and I know what to expect

Comment

Hadi is right. Being realistic does not equate with being pessimistic.

This is an excellent Team Melli but it doesn't mean that they're on the caliber of Spain or Portugal. Losses to these teams is by no means a poor reflection of the team or CQ. What is important though is that we do our utmost best to prepare for the tournament and enter matches knowing that we've done absolutely everything we can do to try to succeed.

Comment

Almost 2 months left.. i am getting a bit afraid because I want that we win this time (it is 20 years ago that we win in a World Cup). Specially our first game against Morocco because my wife is from Morocco Rabat. She is always saying that we are going to lose and it make me allot of stress and extra.. it will feel bad if we lose I cannot see my wife after the game if we would lost. But I know we got a good defence like Nigeria playing 0:0 and I believe a 2:1 for IRAN against Morocco! By Sardar Azmoun (The New Messi) and AliReza Jahanbakhsh

Comment

We just need to beat Morrocco, I dont even care how much we lose to Spain or Portugal, We need one more win in a WC game after all the work we have put into TM!!

Comment

I also have hopes to beat Morocco.
                  but if that happens, it would be kinda an upset and should be one the proudest moment in our footballing history (daresay even more significant than beating USA in 1998)

Comment

i think our chances of beating Morocco is just about or very slightly less than them beating us..!

although, all signs currently point to a somewhat boring 0-0 draw ..! probably not as bad as the 0-0 vs Nigeria in 2014, but still a Draw seems very much inevitable...!!
                    im just hopeful it wouldnt be a scoreless tie..!!

Comment

I am very optimistic about our WC performance, however we realistically have a %25 chance of advancing to the second round

If we can beat Morroco and I feel very good about this matchup.

Comment

We have 10 % chance to make it
                        WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

N Korea eliminated 2 times champions Italy in 1966 WC and advanced to the quarterfinals.

More recently Costa Rica surpassed Italy and England to advance to the second round in the last WC. USA eliminated Portugal to advance as well.

There has been many other incidents such as these throughout the years.

Now do you guys think N Korea, Costa Rica and USA as well as others achieved this by being realists and believing they are in no way in the same caliber as those superior teams ?? Or do you think they threw reality out the door and went and played the games of their lives and fought with every inch of their souls to make it happen ??

I think the correct answer is pretty obvious.

Comment

Guys looking at this from a realistic point of view we are going to win the world cup what are you talking about? We got Goal Scoring machine Sardar Azmoun he scores in every single team melli game.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
                              N Korea eliminated 2 times champions Italy in 1966 WC and advanced to the quarterfinals.

More recently Costa Rica surpassed Italy an England to advance to the second round in the last WC. USA eliminated Portugal to advance as well.

There has been many other incidents such as these throughout the years.

Now do you guys think N Korea, Costa Rica and USA as well as others achieved this by being realists and believing they are in no way in the same caliber as those superior teams ?? Or do you think they threw reality out the door and went and played the games of their lives and fought with every inch of their souls to make it happen ??

I think the correct answer is pretty obvious.
                              Bro, don't tell me that North Korea back in 1966 had a better preparation than us now. Don't let me believe that Costa Rica in 2014 were a team consisting of top EU league players.

We need to believe more in our team. We can beat an inexperienced Morocco, and get 1 point against a one man show team like Portugal.

Comment

Working...
                              X