Who do you root for in Africa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who do you root for in Africa?

Ivory Coast (Cote d'Ivoire) all the way!

Egypt!!

Comment

Well, I admire African football a lot. Lot of flair and passion, as well as plenty of guts. I dont normally root for one team, I just love any African team that does well on the world stage, as I believe this continent has the best chance of breaking the South American-European grip on producing World Cup winners.

Egypt ? Ghana ? Nigeria ? Cameroon ? Cote d'Ivoire ? South Africa ? the more the merrier

although for some odd reason I dont like Tunisia

Originally posted by persian boy
      Ivory Coast (Cote d'Ivoire) all the way!
      typical
      sigpic

Comment

i've always had a thing for morocco and nigeria, ever since watching them put in some nice performances at france 98.

Comment

I like Morocco and Cote d'ivoire. The second one because of the Kalou brothers.

Comment

Originally posted by Suprah
            typical
            lol, but my friend, it is not just because of Drogba and Kalou that I like Cote d'Ivoire, it is also Aruna Dindane, Toure, Eboue and B.Kalou
            these are all very great players and I enjoy watching them all work as a team, although I have not seen S.Kalou play on CIV yet
            I love the creativity and style of play also, and I believe they were only unlucky to be seeded with Holland and Argentina, which they did play well in both games, even though they lost both 2-1, and they came out as heroes in the game vs Serbia ("europes best defensive team") when they went down 2-0 then came back to win 3-2
            if only they were in a different group, we would have seen CIV in the round of 16, possibly quarters believe it or not, CIV is the most entertaining team in Africa
            better luck next WC

Comment

lol, but my friend, it is not just because of Drogba and Kalou that I like Cote d'Ivoire, it is also Aruna Dindane, Toure, Eboue and B.Kalou
              these are all very great players and I enjoy watching them all work as a team, although I have not seen S.Kalou play on CIV yet
              I love the creativity and style of play also, and I believe they were only unlucky to be seeded with Holland and Argentina, which they did play well in both games, even though they lost both 2-1, and they came out as heroes in the game vs Serbia ("europes best defensive team") when they went down 2-0 then came back to win 3-2
              if only they were in a different group, we would have seen CIV in the round of 16, possibly quarters believe it or not, CIV is the most entertaining team in Africa
              better luck next WC
              You forgot Aruna Kone and Bakari Kone and Zokora. All world class players.

Comment

Originally posted by zaphod
                You forgot Aruna Kone and Bakari Kone and Zokora. All world class players.
                of course, but i was just naming some

btw ill never forget Bakari's goal against Holland

Comment

egypt african champions!

Comment

better luck next WC
                    but there was no Nemanja Vidic for them in all those three group games, he missed the first cause of suspension from the last WC Qualifier, and then injured his knees and missed the rest two games

Yeah I love Bakari's goal against the Dutch

Ghana played superb too
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pali
                      egypt african champions!
                      You know what I'm sayin dawg . Egypt's been doing well recently... scored the most goals in WC qualifying despite being in the toughest group.. African champs at the international and club levels both. But I'd personally trade it all in to get back into the World Cup.

Ivory Coast is just an all around fun team. Good players at most positions, lots of character and personality, and cool colors. I route for them too.

As for Morocco... man they've been a BORING team since 1998. They're one of my favorites just because of their kinship with Egypt, but they have an extremely hard time scoring goals lately. Good defense though.

Originally posted by suprah
                      although for some odd reason I dont like Tunisia
                      You and me both. I mean I don't hate them, but ever since naturalizing two Brazilian players, I really lost all respect for them. The huge rivalry between all the North African teams makes it easier to dislike them too.

Comment

Cameroon!

Comment

in the world cup i wanted ivory coast to do good from the african nations but now i want Ghana since they are amazing and they showed that in the world cup and dont forget they beat koreas A team 3-1 and beat czech republic and had a amazing game against italy.
                          Bookmark the PFDC Calendar for TM & WCQ games
                          http://sites.google.com/site/pfdccalendar/
                          [Click on a game to see detailed description including time]
                          Villa + Messi =

Comment

ivory coast and ghana
                            SHOW TIME!

Comment

NIGERIA
                              player speed never stops to amaze me

Comment

Working...
                              X