*Mohammad Bagheri [68kg: Men's QF Round] - 16:45 BST

*Mohammad Bagheri [68kg: Men's SF Round] - 17:45 BST

*Mohammad Bagheri [68kg: Men's Final Round] - 22:30 BST

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Times

12:45 BST - 7:45 EST - 4:45 PST - 16:15 Tehran Time
    16:45 BST - 11:45 EST - 8:45 PST - 20:15 Tehran Time
    17:45 BST - 12:45 EST - 9:45 PST - 21:15 Tehran Time
    22:30 BST - 17:30 EST - 14:30 PST - 2:00 Tehran Time (The Next Day)

*Currently, Iran is 14th in the ranking table having won 4 GOLD, 3 SILVER, and 1 BRONZE.
    Last edited by K. Nader; 08-09-2012, 10:45 AM.

This is where the party really gets started (for me). I'm a little disappointed that Yousef Karimi dropped his weight down to 80kg because Farzad Abdollahi had won the 2011 World TKD Championships at the weight while Karami won it at 87kg. Furthermore, Alireza Azadani (74kg champion) couldn't bring his weight down to 68kg so instead we will be sending Bagheri who became second at the World Championships in the 68kg category.

Comment

Can a MOD please move this to the right forum? My apologies for accidentally making it here. Thanks in advance.

Comment

what are our chances you think?

Comment

Bagheri will get Gold or Silver. I think he will get to the final and will probably face the current champ from Turkey who he lost to in the final of 2011 world championships and the Olympic qualification tournament, although he did beat him in the 2009 worlds.

Comment

Let's go Bagheri!!! Let's go Iran!!!

Comment

Come on Bagheri! Hopefully another medal! I've heard from my mate who loves taekwondo that he has a good chance as he got an easy first round, and that would make him through to quarter finals. Then from then on, you never know wht can happen
              I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Originally posted by Under Lahaf View Post
                Gold, Silver, Bronze are all possible for this lad. He is a good fighter. Has some Adesorian skills with a touch of Vafaseyanism at times.
                CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Under Lahaf View Post
                  I'd like to be optimistic and say Bagheri will be able to snatch a medal, but he doesn't have much of an international record yet for me to say that with confidence. However, he does have a relatively favourable draw which puts him in the position of making the finals. Ultimately, his biggest test would be Tazegul of Turkey - the same person he lost to in the 2011 World Championships.

Sousan Hajipour (Women's 67kg) probably has the least chance of winning a medal. In fact, she had competed in the 57kg weight class during the 2010 Asian Games (where she won Silver) so it's strange to see that she's increased her weight by 10kg. I think she's good enough to progress through 1-2 rounds but I have a tough time seeing her win a medal. Honestly though, her winning a medal (whatever it may be) would really make these Olympics special. Given the personal records Iran has broken thus far, it would be great to see Hajipour be the first Iranian female athlete to win a medal.

Our best shot at an Olympic medal is the 80kg 2011 World Champion: Yousef Karami. Karami is an excellent Taekwondoka and should have featured at the 2008 Games (he and Hadi Saei were in the same weight class). Karami has a long history of participating in international events and getting results - to sum it up, he's our best chance at winning Gold in this sport.

Hope that helps.

*All this talk of TKD has really inspired me again somehow. I actually got back from signing up at one of the top TKD Academies in Toronto (the Grandmaster is Iranian too - Grandmaster Reza). The next four-five months are going to be hell though considering that I've been out of the sport for four years.

Comment

Beomid-e Khoda, our athletes will do amazing and earn more medals! Iran shireh!

Comment

What time is Taekwandoe tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
                        I'd like to be optimistic and say Bagheri will be able to snatch a medal, but he doesn't have much of an international record yet for me to say that with confidence.
                        I think his international record is good enough

2009 World Champion
                        2011 World Silver Medalist
                        2010 Asian Games Champion
                        2008 Asian Champion
                        2010 Asian Champion
                        2007 Universiade Champion

He is the second seed and that's why he has a good draw. balaye 90 darsad medal miare. Gold or Silver.
                        He lost only two official matches in past 4 years, both of them to Tazegul. 68kg isn't as loaded as 80kg. Motamed and Tazegul are a head and shoulder above the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Irannn View Post
                          I think his international record is good enough

2009 World Champion
                          2011 World Silver Medalist
                          2010 Asian Games Champion
                          2008 Asian Champion
                          2010 Asian Champion
                          2007 Universiade Champion

He is the second seed and that's why he has a good draw. balaye 90 darsad medal miare. Gold or Silver.
                          He lost only two official matches in past 4 years, both of them to Tazegul. 68kg isn't as loaded as 80kg. Motamed and Tazegul are a head and shoulder above the rest.
                          I certainly hope so. I've been watching Karami for years now so I have a decent understanding of where he stands. I don't know why but I feel as if the participants in the lower weight classes are changing more frequently than those in the higher ones. It should be noted that the World Championships have 8 weight classes whereas the Olympics only have 4. As a result, the Taekwondokas are required to lose or gain weight to fit into one of the specific weight classes. As a result, there's some conflict since two great athletes may fall under the same weight class whereas only one can participate.

Comment

Time in Pacific anyone?

Comment

Why have people recently been asking for the time of the event when it's all given in the first post?

4:45 PST = 4:45 Pacific Standard Time

Comment

Working...
                              X