Old football giants that you would like to see be competitive again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old football giants that you would like to see be competitive again

Club and national sides that were big teams but have been lost in the wilderness but you want to see them winning silverware again or at least be in the race.

Man Utd, Both Milan teams, Ajax, Leeds United

Romania - have faint memories of them at Euro 2008 and obviously have heard and watched highlights of their
    Hagi era

On a lesser note i would obviously like to see Pakistan be good enough as a second tier Asian team like in the 60s and 70s, much like how Thailand was in the early 2000s

Comment

Milan AC, Inter Milan, PSV, Celtic

Comment

AC Milan, Inter Milan, AC Parma, Lazio Roma, AS Roma, Juventus Turin.
        CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Italy.
          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Azeem98 View Post
            Man Utd, Both Milan teams, Ajax, Leeds United

Romania - have faint memories of them at Euro 2008 and obviously have heard and watched highlights of their
            Hagi era

On a lesser note i would obviously like to see Pakistan be good enough as a second tier Asian team like in the 60s and 70s, much like how Thailand was in the early 2000s
            Teams like Romania and Bulgaria were not giants. They had a golden era due to superstars like Hagi and Stoichkov who had very talented and skillful team mates at the time.

The big Giants of the past were Hungary and Poland. Also Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia were also very good, Czech Republic enjoyed some glorious years with Nedved, Baros and Koller. As for former Yugoslavia, Croatia's national team still does well and has its ups and downs. As for Asia, North Korea was a giant in the 1960s and for Africa, Cameroon was a giant in the 1980s, 1990s and also Eto'o era.

As for clubs: Inter Milan, AC Milan, Napoli, Lazio and AS Roma were all giants. In Iran among non-Tehrani teams likes of Malavan Bandar Anzali and teams from Khuzestan province were giants and won Iranian Hazfi Cup on numerous occasions. As for Tehrani teams likes of Daraei and Shahin were giants and teams like Oghab and Homa were also very strong. All four now play in lower city or provincial leagues.

Comment

Working...
            X