Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which national teams do you rate higher ?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which national teams do you rate higher ?...

Which of these two do you rate higher Egypt or Turkey?

turkey.

Comment

Turkey is heaps good man, they just need a good coach now and they can even beat brazil

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

ye but Egypt is the chapion of Africa and quite recently they beat Sweden 2-0!!

What has Turkey done lately?!?! They didn't qualify for euro2004 or WC2006!!

Comment

^^recently??not much, that why i said they need a better coach

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

egypt

Comment

Holland. I just loved the golden era of Van Basten, Gullit and Rijkaard wayyyy to much. Oh yeah and i cant forget the great Koeman.

Comment

The are the best two teams in the middle east without a doubt, but comparing the two is a bit of a difficult task. Recently Egypt's results has proven to be more impressive compared to Turkey, However Turkey are still a strong side even though they are going through a struggling period, but being in Europe has given a lot of development & experience to their football compared to Egypt. Continent wise, Egypt are one of the football gaints in Africa, while Turkey are one of the dark horses of Europe.
                Certainly I'd love to see the two playing each other.

Comment

Egypt

In all seriousness though it might be difficult to compare, but I think South Iraq's synopsis is accurate (and Iraq is usually up there with the best when comparing Mid East football when the nation is stable, and still good otherwise as the Olympics, Asian Games, and Gulf Cup have taught us). Who would win might depend on where they play (Cairo, Istambul, etc.). I think the Egyptian squad may be more explosive and talented, and the Turks benefit from the experience and structure of playing in UEFA; though granted there may be some bias with my assessment.

Turkey is a great side, though they definitely get more exposure playing in UEFA. I think if Egypt played in UEFA and Turkey in CAF, you might see more people say Egypt is better instead.

Ironically, more Egyptians by far play in Turkey than any other UEFA league... with something like a dozen players. Ahmed Hassan (now with Anderlecht) I believe was player of the year in Turkey recently.

Comment

Turks!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by babak_australia
                      Holland. I just loved the golden era of Van Basten, Gullit and Rijkaard wayyyy to much. Oh yeah and i cant forget the great Koeman.
                      ????

Egypt is a good team but I think Turkey is better.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirFarhad
                        ????
                        Egypt is a good team but I think Turkey is better.
                        Sorry man, i didn't even bother reading the first post.

Turkey is far better then Egypt IMO. They have players spread over all of Europe, that is a good accomplishment. There clubs have always done well in Continental competition.

Comment

Maybe babak is right and Turkey is better, maybe Egypt is, but I think his post is an example of how little people know about the Egyptian team in the first place, as mentioned in my first post. Babak says Turkey is far better because they have players spread over all of Europe... well Egypt does as well, including players in England, France, Italy, Holland, Greece, Belgium, Denmark, Turkey, Austria, even Russia. Even with that, I don't think players in Europe is always a criteria to determine which national team is better, as Egyptian clubs routinely beat clubs from some of the countries mentioned above.

Turkey may or may not be better, but most people here I think would pick Turkey because they know more about the Turkish team, due to how little exposure Egypt gets compared to teams in UEFA... even though Egypt has a pretty decent record against European teams (2-0 and 1-0 vs. Sweden, 4-0 vs. Belgium, etc.)

Comment

Egypt of course

i agree with pharaoh not alot of people know about the Egyptian national team. Although Turkey is very good team i think at the moment Egypt is better. African Champs, Ahly came third in the club world cup and we just beat Sweden with ease. Turkey's form at the moment isnt good at all.

Comment

Egypt without a doubt.. Turkey had their time frame to prove themselves.. Egypt has certainly been on the rise, while Turkey has been on the decline.. After Turkey managed to get 3rd place in the world cup 2002, it really was the downfall of their team. Although I really do like the turkish side, I still believe head to head, Egypt would own them any day, whether it be in Turkey or in Egypt.. African Nations Champs 5 times.. players like Mo Zidan, Abou Treka, Hossam Ghaly etc.. are the future of Egyptian Football, Turkish stars like Hakan Sukur, Hasan Sas had their fame. Times have changed

Comment

Working...
                              X