• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hashemian > Azmoun

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
      Hashemian > Azmoun
      I made this point a few years ago and was crucified for it. He performed good in a top 4 league for years, where as Sardar has failed at a high level and had his peak in a mafia club in a weak and corrupt league.

All time Iranian striker ranking:
      1. Taremi
      2. Daei
      3. Hashemian
      4. Sardar
      Last edited by The; 07-21-2024, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Hashemian > Azmoun
        Talent wise Sardar is 10 times better but Vahid is the most professional Iranian player ever IMO considering all circumstances:
        1. Unless almost all Iranian players, he didn't depend to TM to find his way in Europe, it was actually the other way around, he was dropped by Blazevic and then for almost 2 years he wasn’t invited or at some point he refused to play for TM! Then when we almost faced elimination he accepted to join the team!
        without him the 2006 WC wasn't happening! He almost single handed qualified us! His two goals vs Qatar in first round and specially his second goal in last min, let Iran qualify to the second round! We were few second away to get eliminated in the first round of qualifiers and being humiliated with quite talented squad! Without mentioning his 2 goals vs Japan in 2nd round
        2. He is i believe the longest served legionnaire in Europe at the highest level football! Which talk about the respect they had for him!

I loved Sardar! At some point when he was around 20, i had a feeling he may break Daei record! I think talent wise, we won't see anyone like him anytime soon but we all know talent is 1/3 of the success at best!

His numbers at TM don't lie! And shows this guy despite all the right criticizes managed to produce in TM!
        Imagine if he was even 70% dedicated to the job!
        Heyf Vaghean!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In terms of talent & pedigree
          sardar >>>Hash
          but when it comes to discipline & dedication to his profession & fitness & stamina
          Hash>>>>>>Sardar

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post

I made this point a few years ago and was crucified for it. He performed good in a top 4 league for years, where as Sardar has failed at a high level and had his peak in a mafia club in a weak and corrupt league.

1. Taremi
            2. Daei
            3. Hashemian
            4. Sardar
            I agree with this but would swap Daei to number 1. Recency bias makes us inclined to think Taremi is better but Daei was truly something else. He was actually an excellent dribbler, second to none in terms of aerial prowess, had a killer shot and finishing ability that even now his former teammates will attest to.

Sardar's peak was unfortunately when he was on that killer run with Rostov in the champions league. That campaign where he dropped Boatang was the best I had ever seen him. Since then, its been a steady decline. His one-on-one finishing is sub-par, his speed against top fullbacks no longer is an advantage, his one-touch game is hit or miss depending on the day. He still has incredible jumping and heading skills with moments of good interplay with other good forwards but its out of question that the man simply lost passion for the sport and does not take it seriously the way his bushehri counterpart does.

Comment

In terms of talent, Azmoun is the same exceptional player as Karimi was, with both being exceptional in different areas.

Impact wise, again his numbers don't lie. He had, after Daei, the most impact for TM.

Longevity/Discipline wise, he dropped form way faster than the average TM player. Who knows how the future looks like, but at the moment instead of being one of the best strikers in the world, people are doubting if he's even one of our best strikers.

Comment

El neysri is very close to leave sevilla for Fenerbahce

Comment

Still having a conversation of talent about a 30 year old says enough to me. It won’t put him above some of our other strikers but rather earns him the prestigious title of our biggest waste of talent, taking over for long time title holder Saeed Ezatolahi. Dota hammal.

Comment

Timely Tweet.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post

1. Taremi
                      2. Daei
                      3. Hashemian
                      4. Sardar
                      No doubt Daei is a LEGEND and did a lot for our football, but in all honesty, as far as "talent" I would put him on the bottom of this list, with the other three well above him. His legend status came during an era when the other teams SUCKED arse and he was putting away goals against teams like Laos.

Comment

Comment

^ That would mean that Leverkusen would still be on the hook to pay Sardar that 1M difference.

Comment

They better agree otherwise they will have to pay Sardar 4 million lol.

Comment

Still having a conversation of talent about a 30 year old says enough to me. It won’t put him above some of our other strikers but rather earns him the prestigious title of our biggest waste of talent, taking over for long time title holder Saeed Ezatolahi. Dota hammal.
                              ha ha ha
                              far from it..!!
                              couple of the biggest talented goshaadz ever in our football..!!
                              AK8 still leads the race for the biggest disappointment and waste of world class talent ever ..! but these two defo give him a run for his money when it comes to lacking the sufficient fitness and stamina to optimize their superior talents..!

ps

i think Sardar would far prefer to go to Roma for a discounted paycheck and discounted transfer...!!
                              By now Roma must be gettin desperate too ?? seeing as their first 3 primary targets for Striker have all fallen through and now they are chasing down goozoos with half of Sardar's pedigree..!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto2000 View Post
                                They better agree otherwise they will have to pay Sardar 4 million lol.
                                yep, to seat on asss and pout all season long..!!

Comment

Working...
                                X